Back to life...back to reality. The holidays are officially over. I wish we could say the same thing for Winter, but unfortunately, it's just getting started.
Starting right after Halloween, we expect (even wish for) the weather to be cold and snowy. It just doesn't feel like Christmas unless everyone is bundled up and skidding their way to Grandma's house on poorly plowed roads.
Once the festivities are over, however, I'm ready to unbundle. I start having waking dreams about the warm sun, beaches, and barbecues on the back porch. Too bad there are at least two months of Winter's frigid temperatures and terrible driving conditions left to endure. Maybe more.
If you woke up depressed and freezing today, there's some solace in knowing you're not the only one who can't handle the cold. These creatures are over it too (and most of them have FUR).
1. "Will you stop laughing? I can't feel my feet."
2. "Does the giraffe suit mean we're going to Africa where it's warm?"
3. "I told you that furnace was worthless, Roger."
4. "Can I borrow this extra fur, please?"
5. "Even my blood is cold."
6. "Knew I should have brought a coat."
7. "If you need me I'll be hiberating until Spring."
8. "This weather is seriously cramping my style."
9. "Visualize a fire...and a sauna...and a bowl full of warm kibble."
10. "Ahhhh...that's the spot."
11. "Does this hat make my ears look floppy?"
12. "I'll trade you my light saber for some warm milk."
13. "Do I REALLY have to go out there?"
14. "I feel so close to you right now."
15. "For future reference, don't ever bring me to the park when that stuff is on the ground."
16. "Fill 'er up, hooman."
17. "I really hope we don't see anyone we know."
18. "Will the sky never stop shaking its dandruff on us?"
19. "I may never get warm again."
20. "These boots were made for walking. Sadly, these feet weren't made for these boots."