With weed becoming increasingly acceptable in society at large, it's no surprise that people of all demographics are opening up about pot's effect on their personal lives. In fact, a recent study from HelloMD detailed the lifestyle habits of over 1,400 cannabis constituents, resulting in some pretty compelling data.
Since people have such strong opinions on the substance, it makes sense that the effects of weed on romantic relationships is especially intriguing. How is pot beneficial in making a relationship work? Is it perhaps detrimental in any way?
People took to Whisper and revealed what's it's actually like to be part of a "stoner couple." Some found that the sex was improved, others felt they argued less, some became annoyed with their partners. They seemed to all agree on one point, though: positive or negative, smoking weed with your partner definitely has an effect on your relationship.
1. Some say smoking pot together can really bring you closer to one another.
2. However, stoner couples may not be the most "high-functioning" pairs.
3. But they can also be unendingly positive.
4. But if your S.O. gets super annoying when they're high? Might be time to put the pipe away.
5. Not everyone wears the badge of "stoner couple" with pride.
6. Sometimes pot can cause some communication snafus.
7. Some people worry that smoking is all they have in common with their S.O.
8. Weed's positive effects on sexy-time are not to be underestimated.
9. Like, seriously. It can be life-changing.
10. Sometimes weed just helps you to relax around one another and live in the moment.
11. It's sort of a bonding experience, if you will.
12. When you're high, sometimes you're less likely to sweat the small stuff.
13. Sharing is caring when it comes to a couple's weed supply!
14. Some people prefer subtlety in their stoner relationships.
15. One thing's for sure: when you're high, no conversation is ever ho-hum.
16. Bottom line: if you're both into it, you can really make pot work for your relationship.