You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Yes, it's an inspirational quote and because our generation has become disheartened by anything hopeful, it's easy to dismiss it as idiotic and corny wishful thinking.
But just because we're a bunch of heartless cynics doesn't mean that cheesy quotes like that aren't true, and if you need any further proof of that, check out these peeps who actually saw their shots, took them, and reaped the benefits.
1. This woman, who slid into Michael B. Jordan's DMs and it actually worked.
2. When the same thing happened with Justin Bieber, but in reverse.
3. This guy with the slickest business card of all time.
4. These two little kids who actually thought they could sneak into 'Black Panther' despite being under 13.
5. This guy who took one look at a gorgeous TSA agent and just had to let her know.
6. This girl who did for her sister what she couldn't muster the courage to do.
7. This landscaper who mustered the courage to text this guy's mom.
8. This guy with a slick dating profile powerpoint.
9. And this girl who decided to send the same point-by-point reasoning to her crush why they should be dating.
10. Last powerpoint dating profile, I swear.
11. There was this absolute madman who thought it'd be a great idea to shoot his shot with a woman...on her anniversary.
12. This guy took Kanye's advice and, well, it didn't really go over too well.
13. This girl who tweeted her crush and got what was possibly the best response ever.
14. This person who tried making friends in a very unconventional way.
15. There was this student who used a bit of reverse psychology on his professor to get his grade bumped up.
16. Ballsy students seem to be a trend. Like this one who was crushing a class and just asked to be excused from the final as a result.
17. This guy who didn't have much of an opening line to bring to the table but persevered anyway.
In honor of the senior walk thru tmro, I recall that last year kelly sprayed me in the hallway, and i took my shot in the dms, one year later and we have been together for almost 8 months, god really is good. (p.s. i was spitting weakkkk game idk how she went for it) pic.twitter.com/wqcOoPuNIM— Malik (@MalikWooster) May 25, 2018
18. This woman who let a guy know how she really felt about him.
19. This young woman who sent this creative job application to Spotify.
20. This guy went above and beyond with this amazing rap music video cover letter so he could work for Spite.
21. This guy tried taking a shot on his brother's behalf, but he wasn't feeling it.
22. Then there was this girl who submitted a grimes style rap as her cover letter for a job application.
23. We can't forget this mother who actually took and made this amazing pizza shot.
24. And this girl, who, in a rare case of non-creepiness with Uber, decided to orchestrate a way to ask him out.
And it actually worked.
So that just goes to show you people, sometimes the risk of humiliation and getting shot down is worth it.