It looks like beef isn't limited to fast food chains when it comes to social media wars. It all started with this T-Mobile Superbowl commercial that cost them an amount that I can't even afford to type.
It features a woman (who just happens to be hilarious actress Kristen Schaal) calling Verizon's customer service to talk about her data plan. As the representative tries to help her, she begins to seduce him over the phone and eventually reaches, um, completion when he says "your taxes in fees."
The ad ends with a voiceover that says, "Wireless pain is fine, if you're into that sort of thing. If not, get T-Mobile ONE."
3. This, of course, didn't sit well with Verizon and their social media team, so they decided to respond to the commercial seen by millions on Twitter.
4. And T-Mobile's CEO and resident troll, John Legere, couldn't help one-upping their salty response to his company's ad.
5. And it was about here that you knew that this was going to be a good fight on Twitter.
6. The punches kept rolling.
7. And T-Mobile's main account started tag teaming with their CEO.
8. Of course, customers from both carriers saw the fight unfold before their very eyes.
9. And many of them saw the Twitter was as an opportunity to air their grievances with Verizon during the public flogging.
12. Which flung the carrier into crisis control mode, rapid firing tweets to anyone that complained in the replies.
13. Even Sprint tried throwing some shade Verizon's way.
14. But that didn't work out all too well for them.
16. Even Kristen Schaal, the actress in T-Mobile's commercial, couldn't sit by quietly while the two went at it.
17. Which led to a rookie mistake.
18. And the blows just kept coming.
I still can't believe that Twitter is free.
More From Distractify
Trending Trending Trending Trending