Kids get hurt. It is what they do. A parent's job is try and stop that, but there are only so many situations you can prepare for. Take, for instance what happened to Courtney Davis and her young daughter, Gabby. Courtney left out a cell phone charger which Gabby found and stuck in her mouth.
Courtney explains exactly what happened in a post on Facebook.
So I wasn't going to post about this until I posted in a mom group and found out many parents don't think twice about the danger of a phone charger around children. On Sept 28th my 19 month old stuck my phone charger in her mouth. We went to the Dr who confirmed that it was an electrical burn there was nothing they could put on it due to her being able to lick it. Any other day my charger wouldn't have been plugged up in her reach but bc of a bunch of stuff going on that day I didn't have time to move it. It took all of a few seconds for her to get burned. She had never tried to put it in her mouth and she had never messed with it. The one day it isn't moved she stuck it in her mouth and got a severe burn. She doesn't feel it thank God hasn't acted like it bothers her at all.
**Parents, Grandparents, babysitters etc please put your chargers up out of reach. My daughter was lucky the next kid may not be as lucky as her.
As Courtney points out, it is the kind of thing most parents never think about. Although I think that is going to change once they get a look at the pictures she shared.
Be warned, the pictures are graphic.
Some good news though. Courtney Davis has released an update saying that Gabby is doing better.
UPDATE: Gabby's mouth is looking better. We have an appt tomorrow with her pediatrician to see about getting a referral to a specialist. She still acts like it doesn't hurt. To everyone messaging me please know that I have read most messages I just haven't had time to reply. I will continue to update this post as things progress. A new picture of her mouth has been added to the comments.
You track Gabby's progress here on the original post.
Let this serve as a warning to all you parents out there.
More from Distractify
More From Distractify
Trending Entertainment Trending Entertainment