Quick! Name all your favorite activities.
I'm going to go out a limb here and guess that most of them take place indoors. I'm not judging you. I get it. I just bring it up because it seems like that's where we used to have a 90-10 split between outdoor fun and indoor fun and now the opposite is true. We could probably blame the Internet. It's revolutionized how we consume content. We spend roughly 30% of our lives on there now. And don't even get us started on Netflix. How many of us spend hours binging our favorite shows instead of going outside. Not that there's anything wrong with it -- but it certainly changed the way we chose to spend our time. It wasn't always like that. We used to go outside and see the world to kill time.
If you're wondering how such a thing was possible, take a look.
2. 1. Minor vandalism.
3. 2. Running through the sand dunes.
4. 3. Hanging out in the school parking lot.
5. 4. Going to the beach.
6. 5. Racing each other with ridiculous haircuts.
7. 6. Spending the day at Coney Island
8. 7. Playing with ducks.
9. 8. Chatting on the phone.
10. 9. Rolling on the beach.
11. 10. Going to dances.
12. 11. Making music.
13. 12. Playing in the creek.
14. 13. Hanging out by the old general store.
15. 14. Spending the day with your friends at the beach.
16. 15. Playing dress up.
17. 16. Having a quick snack.
18. 17. Of course, prom was always a big thing.
19. 18. A fun day at the zoo.
20. 19. Making new friends.
21. 20. Getting drunk was always a popular pass time.
More from Distractify