Just over two months ago the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico was hit by a massive hurricane, leaving the entire island without power. Recovery has been slow, to say the least.
One reddit user who goes by nopuedeser, is a Puerto Rico resident who has been without power for 70 days. While visiting his parents house, who has their power restored, he took a moment to answer people’s question about how things are going down there. His answers and explanations aren't always easy to read, but they're definitely enlightening.
1. Work stops for no one.
2. The one time you want to see road crews.
3. Plenty of blame to go around.
4. No one knows what's happening.
5. Soon Puerto Rico may be a desert island.
6. Here's how you can help.
7. That's quite a dropoff.
9. Generators are more precious than gold.
10. Nothing is going to change anytime soon.
11. Just remember, Puerto Rico isn't the only one who's hurting.
12. Night life has changed.
13. Current system does not work.
14. If only there was some other way to help.
16. Don't forget how deadly the situation is.