Respecting the unique practices of individual cultures is important if you don't want to come off looking like a boorish, insensitive fool.
But some cultural practices are kinda mind-blowing, like Kazakh Dead Goat Rugby.
What do you think about the following dishes? Would you give them a try?
1. Like being served a cooked sheep's head.
2. Or getting Basashi, which is basically horse meat sashimi.
3. Chapulines, aka, fried crickets.
4. Durian. Smells like feet, looks like alien brains.
Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand.
5. Zwiebelmettwurst is literally raw minced pork with onions.
6. Cuy Asado, grilled guinea pig.
7. Sea eggs, aka sea urchins.
8. Mopane worms.
9. Balut, which is a partially developed duck embryo.
10. Arroz de cabidela, rice with rabbit or chicken cooked in the animal's own blood.
11. Vegemite, a spreadable vegetable substance.
12. Butod, meal worms.
13. Kercha, which is stuffed sheep's stomach.
14. Frog legs.
15. Soused Herring, which is pickled raw fish.
16. Century eggs, which are quail or duck eggs preserved in salt, ash, quicklime, and rice hulls.
17. P'tcha, or jellied calves feet.
18. Flæskesvær, pig skin strips.
19. Soondae, blood sausage that's usually served with liver.
20. Surströmming, fish that's been fermented and salted for six months.
21. Wasp crackers.
22. Jellied Moose nose.
24. Escamoles, ant larvae. Supposedly they have a cottage cheese texture.
25. Salo, dried, cured pork fat.
26. Rocky Mountain Oysters, aka bull-calf testicles.
27. Shirako, the seminal fluid of fish and mollusks.
28. Kopi Luwak, coffee that's passed through civet digestive system. Basically, poop coffee.
Popular throughout Asia.
29. Chinicuiles, caterpillar worms that feed on agave plants.
30. Snake wine.
31. Hakarl, shark that's been fermented for 6 to 12 weeks, like so.
32. Casu Marzu, rotten cheese filled with maggots.
More from Distractify
More From Distractify
Trending Trending Humor Trending