Despite their bests attempts to do their own grocery shopping, and “stay grounded,” very few celebrities actually come across as being particularly relatable; they have 24/7 childcare, they take lavish vacations, and they spend more on awards show fashion that most of us spend on yearly rent.
There are, however, some notable exceptions — one of which is actress, singer, author, and Twitter phenom Anna Kendrick. Sure, she’s appeared in the Twilight movies and Pitch Perfectand she received her first Oscar nomination at age twenty-four, but she also struggles with “normal person problems,” like wondering why she bothered to put on a bra and leave her house.
While 2016 was a rough year, her light-hearted tweets made the brutal fifty-two weeks go by a lot faster. Behold, the moments when her twitter improved our lives:
1. When she wasn't a people person.
My life would be so much easier if it wasn't for that thing…God, what is that thing called…other people.— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) January 15, 2016
2. When she was also part of the Beyhive.
Every time Beyoncé performs it adds five years to my life— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) February 8, 2016
3. When she had a way with children.
Neighbor's 4-year-old child: Can Anna be the new babysitter? She chases me and shakes me and it's SO much fun!— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) March 21, 2016
Me: I WILL MURDER YOU!!!!!
4. When she felt the struggles of being single.
Hi, I'm Anna, I'm alone tonight and I'm looking for a strapping muscular man to come over because butternut squash is hard to dice. 😗😗😗— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) March 28, 2016
5. When she understood your fashion woes.
Is it bad if your best friend sees you wearing pants without a drawstring waist and asks "What's the occasion?"— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) March 31, 2016
6. When she #adulted like a pro.
7. When she didn't have time for sophisticated "sushi people."
Sushi people are such snobs. I ask for a California roll and throw my chopsticks at the waiter and suddenly I'm a jerk.— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) May 23, 2016
8. When she was the ideal coworker.
I've always heard that Tom Cruise is tirelessly positive and upbeat and I'd love to work with him one day. I think I could break him.— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) June 14, 2016
9. When she understood the secret to love.
Relationships: because watching Masterchef alone is only 6% as fun.— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) July 25, 2016
10. When she called TV dramas on their bullshit.
All TV dramas: "Everyone has secrets"— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) August 8, 2016
Me: "I don't have a secret. Do I need to get a secret???"
11. When she was a lifestyle inspiration.
I spent the morning biting my fingernails down to jagged stumps. Why has no one contacted me about starting a lifestyle blog?— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) August 11, 2016
12. When she needed some BFF help.
All movie BFFs: Girl, you need to get laid!— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) August 17, 2016
Do I need a friend who tells me to get laid? Do I need to get laid?? I have no way of knowing!!
13. When she was a little offended by YouTube's targeted advertisements.
14. When she didn't understand technology.
15. When she got real about education.
Based on my experience in school, I assumed a three hole punch would figure into my everyday life more often than it has.— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) October 18, 2016
16. When she engaged in some relatable, post-election grieving.
My phases of grief:— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) November 14, 2016
Cookie dough straight from tube
Watching adorable animal vids to make sure I can still feel something
17. When she didn't have time for the low-key sexism in a Sleep Number commercial.
Why does that Sleep Number commercial piss me off so much?— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) November 17, 2016
"She likes the bed soft! He's more hardcore!"
…I cannot eye-roll hard enough.
18. When she nailed how you felt about Thanksgiving.
My dream is to live in the Thanksgiving episode of a 90's sitcom.— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) November 25, 2016
19. When she asked the tough questions.
I'd say a good 7 out of 10 days I end up thinking, "I put a bra on for this?"— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 5, 2016
20. When she was the world's best TV critic.
I don't get how the contestants on Chopped stop themselves from going "Yeah, it tastes bad because you made me cook with a pile of garbage."— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 12, 2016