I don't think my parents were particularly strict when I was growing up, but they had one rule that never made sense to me. I could not play video games on a school night. While that rule isn't so strange by itself, it didn't make sense in the context of their other rules.
See, I was allowed to watch as much TV as I wanted on any night. So what this meant was that I was allowed to stare at a glowing rectangle as long as I was not in control of the characters on screen. When I pointed out this absurdity to my parents, they responded more or less how I expected. They told me they weren't changing their minds and to drop the subject.
In retrospect, I think the exception for television was only made because they wanted to be able to watch TV too, and didn't want to deal with three children calling them out on their hypocrisy. So I never did call them hypocrites, just confusing.
1. Mario is a failure, but alive.
2. They'll never catch me. I play a rogue.
3. Only her scalp got cleaned.
5. It's the devil's instrument!
6. Safety is more important than friendship.
7. You should have gone right past that cop!
9. Sounds like there is more to this story.
11. It's important to get 12 hours of sleep.
12. I hope you learned your lesson. Whatever it was.
13. Just smile and nod next time.
14. Life isn't supposed to be fun.
15. How do you like me lighting my money on fire?
17. You know what? All my clothes will be the same color from now on.
18. Can I ask a question?
20. Why are they old? That seems suspicious.
21. This is strictly an 1800's household.
23. I know how to feel about this.
24. This house is a mess. Why do we have so many lockboxes?
25. Yeah, but Satan never found you so I guess it worked.
26. This seems like more work than it is worth.
27. If it makes you feel better, it teaches it incorrectly.
28. Life is about balance.
29. You can go to prom, but cannot do any prom-related things.
30. You can eat or you can starve.