There are some things that are undeniably dad. Despite not wanting kids until recently, I think I've always, deep down inside, had a father brewing inside of me.
I'd always make sure to have snacks in my backpack. Extra phone charging cables? Sure thing. Battery pack? Yep. Making sure everyone around me is prepared/hydrated/went to the bathroom and triple checked that they have all of their stuff before we get into the car? I've been doing that. Oh, and I've almost always had a multi-tool handy.
Now these can all just be attributes of an overly prepared person, but there's an added element of value, safety, practicality, and/or jerry-rigging to these attributes that make them dad-like. Sprinkle in a penchant for paternal protection, and you've got dad moments.
1. This wonderfully crafted invention. Look at how satisfied he is with himself.
2. Chris Hemsworth piggy-back surfing with his daughter.
3. This opportunity for a terrible/amazing joke.
4. This bottle warmer for another type of bottle.
5. This leg-slide-pillow-machination.
6. This double-sheet canoe sailboat.
7. This custom air conditioner.
8. This dad who doesn't want to cry over spilled milk.
9. This car ride simulator.
10. This hoverboard stroller.
11. This stress-free way to light the stove.
12. The old baseball bat walk training tactic.
13. A different kind of baby walker.
14. This coat-hanger phone holder.
15. This puppy life-vest.
16. This baby-pacifier-balloon location spotter.
17. Chores + Playtime = two birds with one stone.
18. This dad bike-tow truck.
19. This impromptu selfie stick.
20. This megablocks tablet holder.
21. This phone drying mechanism.
22. This bird feeder that keeps the squirrels away.
23. This dad who wants to bike to the fishing spot.
24. Hands-free morning pet and baby walk.
25. The cutest little tow truck.
26. This dad who figured out a unique way to get a massage.
27. This dad yoga pose.
28. Riding the luggage is a classic dad move.
29. This dad who likes to keep the house nice and tidy.
30. This swing life hack.
31. And of course, who could forget fishing pole baseball practice dad?
Benjamin Franklin, eat your heart out.
More from Distractify:
More From Distractify
Humor Humor Humor Humor