There are lots of beauty trends throughout history that we can look back on and ask ourselves, "what the heck were they thinking?"
Like the Japanese practice of Ohaguro, which had women dyeing their teeth black in an effort to make their faces look whiter. Or those weird wigs that British (and American) lawyers and lawmakers wore (and in some cases still wear) in court. Or jorts.
Thankfully, a lot of these bizarre beauty trends have gone extinct. We can now gladly add spray tans to that list.
1. How did we ever let it get this far?
Oh boy, these people definitely need some help.
2. Like I get wanting to have a vibrant face.
Just, does it have to be absolutely orange in color?
3. I get wanting to have a glowing complexion.
But this guy sticks out of the photo (and the group at large, I'm imagining) like an ugly sore thumb.
4. I understand that you want to look the furthest thing from Chancellor Palpatine.
But just... Someone helps us please!
5. Maybe you don't have time to go outdoors.
Then just move to California, where you can absorb rays naturally through your window instead of having to end up looking like this.
6. Maybe you think it makes you look distinguished, or something.
News flash: It really doesn't.
7. But it doesn't.
Need we repeat?
8. Because spray tanning is fundamentally an imperfect science.
And one that doesn't require skilled technicians to perform the job.