I don't know what your childhood was like, but I often viewed my parents as authority figures who weren't really all that fun to hang out with. Sure, they had their moments, but for the most part, I wanted to play with other kids or, even better, video games.
Now that I'm older and a parent myself, I try to do more to be fun and involved and present. I know that they're probably going to see me as a lame grown-up at the end of the day, but that's not stopping me from having my own laughs and playing out what I find funny when I'm hanging out with my children.
So I can appreciate other parents who do the same, especially when moms do it. I'm proud of my role as a dad but I know at the end of the day, mom is number one.
1. When they want to roast you, they can.
2. They can get dad to do pretty much anything.
3. They love you unconditionally.
4. And when they know their self-worth, watch out.
5. It's the best when they want to serve you this kind of punishment.
6. Mom puns really are great - and they won't let you say otherwise.
7. They're not afraid to teach you valuable lessons - like trying to take credit for work you didn't do.
8. Or adorably partaking in your ridiculous selfie pucker pose.
9. Even if it takes them to get up to speed on technology.
10. You can never forget just how strong their maternal instincts are.
11. They don't stop at human beings, either.
12. Even if those maternal instincts aren't always on display.
13. We all know moms can be extra when the situation doesn't call for it.
14. Especially when they're comparing family pets to breakfast potato options.
15. But then there are times you're happy they're as extra as they are.
16. Even when it's at your own expense.
17. What, they can roast you while looking out for your well-being, right?
18. Even if they're laughing at you and not with you.
19. But they do offer genuinely good advice.
20. Even if they are blissfully unaware of today's current "events".
21. You always have to give it up to moms who find creative ways to broach difficult subjects.
22. Isn't it great when they just speak plainly with you?
23. Note: some moms do not appreciate emojis.
24. Or your cosmetics-deficiencies.
Moms are gonna mom.