If you're an avid follower of Chrissy Teigen's Twitter account, you've probably already poured through her latest thread — the model, TV personality, and chef just dished about what life is like as a famous person, and let me tell you, the tea was HOT. So if you're prepared to know what living the high life is really like, be sure to check out Chrissy Teigen's Twitter thread about being famous... she got super honest.
Chrissy Teigen's Twitter thread about being famous is pretty wild.
It all started when Twitter user @Jen_Gilliland tweeted, "Do celebrities have junk drawers where they throw random cords and pens? I feel like @chrissyteigen would but like @KimKardashian absolutely would not." This inspired our girl Chrissy to open "celebrity question asking time!" allowing followers to ask "A-list celebrity questions" that non-A-listers might want to know. And let me tell you, people got really creative.
1. Things started out pretty tame.
Getting things started, Chrissy answered what life is like as a celebrity by basically saying it's good because she's "comfortable" with an awesome-yet-non-existent life. TBH, I have no idea what any of that is like, but I'd really like to.
2. Fans asked about the perks of living large...
While Luna and Miles are literally the cutest kids on the planet, I might still give them side-eye for screaming on a plane. Sorry, kids.
3. Chrissy gave us an inside look at her morning.
John sets an alarm but leaves it in the bathroom while he makes the kids pancakes and I have to get up to cancel it. I get very upset. https://t.co/VWBXyAOWhx— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 9, 2019
I had sort of imagined a flutist waking her up with soft music, but OK.
4. She dished on her ~special privileges~ and they sound amazing.
WOW, this is truly the dream. Maybe we should all start making dinner reservations under the name "John Legend."
5. ... Like no longer shopping for groceries herself.
@chrissyteigen you can do my grocery shopping for me, if you want.
6. The perks of having an assistant...
7. Or what it's like to get on a plane without running to your terminal.
there is a terminal a mile from the airport that you pay membership for. they do the same security privately and take you to the plane in a car. I know. I know. https://t.co/BtFaTBaMKh— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 9, 2019
But like, she clearly knows this is a ridiculous and amazing privilege, and I think we can all appreciate that.
8. Apparently she gets a ton of free stuff.
From food to laptops, I'm sure she gets it all on the house. What a life.
9. And she has a huge (yet totally occupied) house.
every room is very used and occupied. I have worn a lot of expensive things but always have to give them back. since the babies, I'm not sample size anymore so I buy almost everything I wear and then resell on TheRealReal and donate the $ to charity. https://t.co/nXHqs7zr76— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 9, 2019
Honestly, the charity thing is great. Yas, Chrissy.
10. She also hasn't taken the subway in 10 YEARS.
maybe 10 years or so. I uber a lot, though. https://t.co/FwMUXwSnuc— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 9, 2019
I wish I hadn't taken the subway in 10 years.
11. But being a celebrity has downsides! Like constantly being able to criticize yourself.
I mean, I hate the sound of my voice in my friend's Snapchat Stories... does that count?
12. And obviously, she has a lot of safety-related anxieties.
Good old blackout shades won't do the trick with the paps.
13. Relaxing in public can be nearly impossible.
Does this scenario remind anyone else of Princess Diaries?
14. Award shows can get super annoying.
unbelievably boring and you are pulled in 100 different directions and yelled at to sit down. the bar is never close to you and everyone is so mean to seat fillers, I dunno why anyone wants to do it https://t.co/U7tuzWTA0L— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 9, 2019
Sounds pretty cool to me, though.
15. And the paparazzi are inevitable.
if you're nice to them, they're good to you. one time I dodged one for miles and hid in an alley. he found me. I lept from my car, shaking and crying that he had a gps on my car. he was so kind and I ended up feeling terrible. it's a job. https://t.co/or9Vr96il8— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 9, 2019
Paps are a part of celeb life.
16. Oh, and she doesn't get mail? Truly the dream.
To quote John Mulaney, "this is the height of luxury!"
17. But in the end, Chrissy is just like us... for example, she resists urges to tweet inappropriately.
Same gurl, same.
18. She doesn't want to bother fellow celebs.
Going up to celebrities on the street is always enticing but like, they just want to live their lives... I, too, wouldn't want them to think I'm a "thirsty weirdo."
19. Chrissy's dream walk-up song is Beyonce.
I mean, mine would probably be "Formation," but I can relate on a certain level.
20. And she constantly worries about what people think of her.
This thought is honestly what keeps me up at night.
21. Oh, and despite her perfect relationship, she argues with John.
I don’t hide anything. I fight in cars, I fight at home, I fight at the airport. I don’t care. John just won’t fight back. https://t.co/66b5Y5tIHl— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 9, 2019
But really, they're still the cutest.
22. She hustles hard AF.
Neither being a mother nor being a published author is easy, but Chrissy's doing it all.
Chrissy's Q&A was super eye-opening, but to be honest, I'm not surprised about any of it. She's living life like the boss b---h she is, but she's relatable nonetheless. Keep doing you, Chrissy, you're doing great.