If you’re like me, you may have a slightly unhealthy obsession with Costco. I mean, where else can you get a $1.50 hotdog & soda special, an eye exam, a surfboard, and a new outfit all under one roof?
As we all know, though, the heart of Costco is its food. Between the food court offerings, the bulk snacks, and the free samples (which every Costco devotee knows is truly a competitive sport), it’s the food that keeps us coming back.
Costco, in all its excess, is as quintessentially American as it gets, so you may be surprised to learn that they actually have locations in 10 other countries around the world! While every Costco carries many of the same products we’re familiar with in the U.S., international Costcos also have their own local offerings that you’ll wish we had here.
Let’s start with dessert, because YOLO.
Look, I love a good very berry sundae, but the overseas frozen dessert options put ours to shame:
1. I mean just look at this pecan praline situation offered in Japan.
2. And this juicy mango sundae.
3. They also have different soft serve flavors, like matcha!
4. This banana fudge sundae topped with corn flakes at Costco Korea is what dreams are made of.
5. Behold this decadent caramel fudge sundae from Costco U.K.
6. Or how about some creamy gelato served in a waffle cone?
7. For something lighter, this mango shave ice available in Taiwan looks refreshing AF.
Clearly we are being deprived here! Maybe baked goods are more your thing, though? Well, once again international Costco doesn’t disappoint:
8. Feast your eyes on this picture-perfect strawberry shortcake from Costco Japan.
9. Also available in adorable cupcake form!
10. If strawberry shortcake is too ~basic~ for you, how about this mango one from Costco Korea?
11. Or this fruity pavlova cake from Costco Australia.
12. Or how about this cream filled, festive king cake from Costco Spain?
13. You can cop a whole tray of flaky, custardy egg tarts at Costcos in Korea and Taiwan.
14. And just try not to drool over these strawberry daifuku.
全台灣 ᴄᴏsᴛᴄᴏ 🔺日式草莓大福 12入 $299 (平均一顆$25) 外皮： ➀麻糬皮 屬ǫ彈有咬勁 不軟爛 還ᴏᴋ (☜我喜歡軟一點) 內餡： (內餡表現有比全聯的 好吃一些 但沒有驚艷) ➁草莓🍓是一大顆 (整顆) 草莓香超濃郁 且很新鮮 酸酸甜甜的好香好好吃...🙄 ➂紅豆泥 紅豆味重 偏甜 有帶紅豆顆粒 好吃...份量很多喔！ - 💬短评 一顆比雞蛋🥚大小 再大一些 而內餡紅豆泥 份量太多 有些搶掉草莓🍓主角的味道 很可惜！ 整體是好吃的 但沒啥驚艷感！ (比全聯版 好吃一點罷了！) - ☻ 整體分數為 3.66分 🌕🌝🌕🌗🌑 ⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅∙⋅⋅∙∙⋅⋅⋅⋅∙⋅∙⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅∙⋅∙⋅∙⋅⋅∙∙⋅∙ #costco #costcofood #costcolove #costcofinds#costcotaiwan #costcotaiwan #costcobuys #costco必買 #必買 #好市多#美食#草莓#草莓控 #甜點#麻糬#大福#下午茶 #吃貨123#123來嚐鮮 #123來分享
15. These sinful looking profiteroles are gracing the shopping carts of U.K. Costco members.
16. Along with these cream-filled Victoria sponge cakes.
Now don’t get me wrong, my love for the Costco food court and grocery section is eternal, but International Costco food offerings are honestly on another level:
17. The sushi at Costco Japan looks unreal.
18. Yes, I know some U.S. Costcos sell sushi but it just doesn’t compare to this.
. 特選ファミリー盛50貫🍣 . これだけ入って4980円😳 . 帰りに何食べて帰ろうか？ コストコ帰りはうちの近くではあまりないファミレスがたくさんあって、行ってみたいお店がたくさん❤️ . 楽しみにしていたのに、19時からドラえもんが観たい、と子どもが言うので、おうちで食べることに… . 今夜はコストコのお惣菜で晩御飯😆 . . #特選ファミリー盛50貫 #寿司 #コストコ #一時帰国 #costco #costcojapan #sushi #kyoto #japan #良い方のセットにしたのに子どもはトロより赤身だって😑 #子どもができるまで行くことがなかったファミレスとフードコートが未だに嬉しくたまらない😆 #夫は未だに嫌いだって🙄
19. Just look at this flawless piece of salmon.
20. And this colorful chirashi bowl.
21. They even sell salmon roe by the tub.
22. Costco Japan also sells meal kits to make the ultimate ramen at home.
23. Or a cioppino meal kit to whip up a savory seafood stew.
24. If cooking sounds like too much work, there’s clam chowder at the food court.
25. In addition to the classic chicken bake, Costco Korea offers a bulgogi bake! This is genius and needs to be offered at all Costco fine dining establishments tout de suite.
26. This very legit looking “Thai” chicken sandwich available in Taiwan.
27. You can grab a hearty meat pie from Costco Australia.
28. Or a perfectly baked soft pretzel.
29. Costco Canada’s poutine is so loaded with cheese curds and gravy that you can barely see the fries underneath.
30. Costco UK sells jacket potatoes (a.k.a. baked potatoes) smothered in a variety of toppings, like baked beans and cheese.
We love a jacket potato! Counting 6 Syns for cheese again just incase, 7 Syns so far today! . . Going to see what SW goodies Costco has in store! . . #sw #swuk #swukinstagram #slimmingworld #slimmingworldfood #slimmingworldfamily #slimmingworldjourney #slimmingworldmafia #slimmingworldfriends #slimmingworldmotivation #speedfood #syns #slimmingworldjourneyuk #slimmingworldsupport #slimmingworldmafia #slimmingworldvegetarian #swveggie #speedfood #fitfam #fitspo #fitness #lunch #sunday #weightloss #weightlossjourney #weightlosssupport #fitgirl
31. Meanwhile in Mexico, the humble Costco hot dog has been elevated with the addition of sliced jalapeño.
Brb, starting a petition to have jalapeño dispensers installed at all Costco locations.
32. And their seafood paella looks incredible TBQH.
Finally, some honorable mentions of foods I’m not so sure about but are definitely intriguing?
33. Like this microwavable haggis from Costco UK.
34. And this Australian crocodile jerky.
35. Not sure how to feel about this seafood pizza from Costco Japan.
36. Or this avocado cheese pie. (idk could be good?)
BONUS: not a food item but I couldn’t not include it because OMG, Costco Australia sells giant stuffed koalas!!
One thing is true no matter where you are, no one leaves Costco with an empty stomach.