We all have that one friend, or even group of friends, that can always get you to do things you know you're going to regret in the morning, and it usually involves booze — lots and lots of booze.
One beer turns into two beers turns into a round of shots then everyone's buying at least one round each and then that turns into another beer and then a cocktail and before you know it you're riding your town's statue of Christopher Columbus singing "Firework" by Katy Perry and trying to make a serious argument that it should become the new national anthem.
While you're in the throes of alcohol-induced ecstasy, you feel like nothing could possibly go wrong and you while you may not totally be in charge of your bodily functions, you feel pretty darn great. The next morning, however, is an entirely different story. Here are 27 memes that explain your hangover perfectly.
1. While drinking, certain ideas seem bulletproof.
2. If you didn't have the foresight to stay hydrated, heaven help you.
3. When you're focused on throbbing headache pain, it's tough to process anything else.
I’m not saying I’m hungover but I just sat on my sofa and went to put the seatbelt on.— Maff Brown (@maffbrown) April 21, 2018
4. You know your hangover is bad when this happens.
I’m so visibly hungover that people are staring at me like THEY regret my own terrible decisions— payton sartain (@paytonsartain) April 29, 2018
5. Don't worry, everyone else at work looks pretty much the same as you do.
6. Sometimes you're surprised at how well you can keep things together after drinking a liter of tequila.
7. The same friends who encouraged you to get bombed won't let you forget how much of an idiot you were 12 hours ago.
8. Ever gotten so blasted you looked like a store mannequin?
9. Sometimes, there is a god that blesses with you hangover resilience.
10. Sometimes you wish you could give past you a high five.
11. It's gonna be a rough afternoon.
12. When you feel like your hangover shame is painted all over you.
People keep staring at me I can’t tell if it’s because I look like hungover trash or if they like it— tatianna (@asiancrackbaby) April 23, 2018
13. You could eat all the corn beef hash omelettes in the world.
14. You could cut the embarrassment with a knife.
15. You can feel your organs thanking you for the hydration.
16. Where did they go?
17. This can be a bit of a challenge.
18. When it takes you a bit to realize why the darn thing just won't freaking work.
I’m so hungover that I just tried using my garage door opener at a red light to make it turn green.— Kelsey Cook (@KelseyCook) April 30, 2018
19. Bloody marys help, right?
20. When you finally realize the monster you've become.
Growing up as a kid, you never truly understand how or why vampires hate the the light until you’re older and you fling back the blinds when you’re hungover as balls in the morning.— Alexander (@MrAirForce2013) April 21, 2018
21. "Hey, at least I'm here."
22. Promises, promises.
23. When you're, for a brief moment, thankful hangovers exist - because you realize we'd all be dead from alcohol poisoning if they didn't.
24. When you give up and just order from the bodega.
25. When you discover more refined ways of regretting who you are in the morning.
26. "Why, oh why!"
27. When you cry into the abyss and hope your roommate hears you.
Remember to drink responsibly and stay hydrated. But if you find yourself feeling super sick after a night of getting schwifty, then maybe check out these hangover remedies.