Physically confronting someone in person about something is never comfortable. In-person social interactions are awkward enough, and then you go and throw the whole, "Hey can you stop doing such and such" into the mix and that makes the prospect of such an exchange pretty much unbearable.
So it's no wonder that people oftentimes resort to the ever-useless, passive aggressive note to get their message across. Yes, when taken too seriously by their creators, passive-aggressive notes/signs are the worst and immediately make anyone who reads them roll their eyes in disgust.
However, if you're writing a passive-aggressive note or sign and make a joke out of the whole thing, or get really creative with it, well, you become a legend, just like some of these folks.
1. Our new neighbors are bigots. Since regular aggression leads to criminal charges, I went with passive-aggression. 10,000 lights later:
2. This funny feud between two great artists.
3. The HOA in my friend’s neighborhood recently threatened her neighbors with a fine if they didn’t hide their trash cans, even though they’ve been in the same spot for over a decade. This is their solution.
4. Note from angry neighbor (top) and appropriate Army vet response (bottom).
5. My neighbors complained that it's too cold for my dog to be outside all day during the winter. I sent them this.
6. An open letter to my garbage neighbors.
7. Decided to use reverse psychology on the new neighbors.
8. Left my printer without a passcode. My neighbors sent me a message.
9. My sister and her husband live in a small town, they came home to this note on their door.
10. One Of My Neighbors Put This Sign Up. Bravo!
11. My Neighbor Got His Reindeer Decorations Stolen So They Put Out Grinch Ones Instead.
12. Google Maps level neighbor feud.
13. It’s my spot and I’ll park what I want to.
14. One Man Dog Band.
15. My friend just moved into a new apartment and left this note on her neighbor's doorstep.
16. Trash Trompe-l'œil - neighbor anonymously reported us to the city because our trash cans were not behind a barrier. Now they are.
17. Upstairs neighbors.
18. How my dad deals with his annoying neighbor who checks with the city whenever anyone does any work on their property.
19. Think this will solve the problem?
20. My Neighbor’s Kid Is Always Playing In My Yard And Leaving His Toys. When He Left Two Broomsticks, I Left This In His Yard As A Warning. And Yes, It Is Still Winter In Canada.
21. My neighbors are always sticking their butts where they don’t belong.
22. My dad hates our neighbour so much that he's installing one-way mirrors facing his house.
23. Neighbors too loud? The Police can handle it.
24. A friend of mine has received this note from the guy next door...
25. Great aim.
26. Our neighbours very precisely only cleaned their part of the wall.
27. The neighbors need to stop.
28. This was posted on my neighbor's door this morning.
29. Someone left a passive-aggressive note on my windshield, to I responded in kind.
30. Roommates write letter to noisy guys that live above them. They reply.
31. My neighbour's annoying. I figured this note was appropriate.
32. Whenever a ball goes into my neighbors yard, he puts them in his tree so no one can get them back.
33. The apartment below us is CONSTANTLY blaring the bass, regardless of how many times everyone in the building asks them to turn it down. We made these passive-aggressive notes to give to them.
34. Sign on my neighbor's porch.
35. My neighbor owed me $288.66 for my vet bills after his Great Dane attacked my Golden. This is how he paid me, one day before I was going to take him to small claims court.
So much passive aggressiveness.
More from Distractify:
More From Distractify
From Furbies to Lisa Frank, learn the dark stories, scandals, and controversies behind your fave '90s toys.