Whether you absolutely love your boss, or if you can't stand them, you're probably vaguely aware of the fact that National Boss's Day is coming up on Oct. 16. And if you aren't planning to buy your boss a card or bring them coffee in the morning, at least remember to ping them with well wishes (or give yourself a pat on the back, if you're self-employed).
Anyway, make sure to also check out these National Boss's Day memes — they're guaranteed to brighten your workday.
These 10 National Boss's Day memes will make you LOL:
1. Some people are choosing to celebrate their favorite TV boss, and that's totally acceptable.
I mean, who wouldn't want an excuse to quote The Office for an entire day? That definitely is not something I could dream of passing up. Plus, honoring the great Michael Scott is a must.
2. Some made memes of their bosses.
Yes, you heard that correctly. Anyone who is this tight with their boss gets a medal. You've reached the weirdest work relationship, and I kind of love it.
3. Others are odes to the more patient bosses out there.
I mean, it doesn't hurt to ask if work is "still on," does it? Just making sure before I leave my bed.
4. Maybe you're spending National Boss's Day dancing in the dark.
Like the greatest boss out there once said, "You can't start a fire without a spark."
5. It's time to celebrate the bosses who pretend they don't notice you're procrastinating.
Absolutely everyone out there has done this at work ... don't even pretend. And honestly, your boss usually notices you aren't working and just pretends they don't see you. That's why they deserve to be celebrated on this national holiday.
6. This year, National Boss's Day might hit a little bit differently.
If you have a good boss, enjoy your luck (and maybe let them know that you appreciate them)! If you don't have a good boss, it might be time to explore some other options.
7. Even the micro-managers deserve to be celebrated today.
Bosses can be really, really bossy, but hey — it's their job, and that's why their title is "boss." Also, if you don't remember what video this is from, make sure to watch it here. Truly incredible.
8. Let's not get too wild, though.
At least it's on a Saturday this year, though! That's something ... for some people ... right?
9. Not all bosses are created equal.
As long as your adult human boss doesn't regularly act like a toddler, you're in the clear.
10. There's that one boss who piles on you right when you're about to leave
That's a "no" from me and also Leonardo DiCaprio... thank you, very much.
If you're celebrating National Boss's Day alongside your superior, hopefully you're making their day feel extra special. Whether that means sending them good vibes, or bringing them Starbucks after your morning coffee run is entirely up to you. However, if you happen to be a boss (or if you're self-managing), we wish you the best, and we hope you feel appreciated.
Happy National Boss's Day!