Moving in with someone is a big commitment. Moving in with someone and their best friend is an even bigger one.
Something that Twitter user Craig Shapes learned the hard way after he began living with his girlfriend and their best friend.
He realized, rather quickly, that the woman he moved in with go about their lives much differently than he and his guy friends do.
He was a bit shocked at what he saw and decided to share his observations on Twitter. Which we should all be thankful for, because they're hilarious and run the gamut of not only first time discoveries when you move in with another person, but getting to see them in their natural habitat with their long-time best friend. There's no part of his girlfriend and her best friend's lives that he's not privy to.
Last year, I moved in with my girlfriend and her best mate. They’re both girls. Some of the shit I’ve seen is EYE OPENING mate (a thread)— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
Text messaging etiquette.
1. They show each other ALL of the messages that they receive from everybody. Nobody is safe. Girls don’t need screenshots mate, they have photographic screenshot memories— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
2. Contrary to popular belief, girls do poo. And they ain’t scared to talk about it mate. “I NEED A POO” is probably the most used phrase in this house.— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
An infinite amount of hair clips.
3. HAIR CLIPS. Oh my days the hair clips. Stand on them, sit on them, wake up with them attached to your skin, mate I could have a fucking bath in the ones I find on a weekly basis— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
The insanity that is "going out" protocol.
4. The process for getting ready for a night out is not just “wash, get dressed, go out”. Nah. There’s meetings, catwalk shows, endless compliments and it’s sometimes an actual 2 man job cos some dresses have back zips that would literally be impossible for one girl to reach mate— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
The fact that women can never have enough candles (and throw pillows).
5. Candles. We have SO MANY CANDLES. Candles that smell like really weird things, like “rhubarb and custard”. I don’t even know what rhubarb and custard actually smells like?!?— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
6. Kardashians. Ibiza Weekender. Ru Paul. Ex On The Beach. Love Island. Geordie Shore. Mate, I know everything about all of these people I’ll never meet. There are SO MANY EPISODES OF THEM ALL! And the worst thing is, I actually gave in and really got in to Love Island 😅— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
Getting one's eyebrow game on point.
7. If my eyebrows aren’t “fleeky”, they literally don’t talk to me until I agree to let one of the girls pluck them. It’s mad. Girls love plucking someone else’s eyebrows. No idea why!!— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
Diets are better to talk about than actually adhere to.
8. Girls go on and on about dieting and “bikini bodies” etc, but trust me when I say that “cheat day” is pretty much whenever they feel sad about anything. Bad day? Glass of wine. Is it Monday? Chocolate. Did your boyfriend tell you we can’t have a dog? Dominos.— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
9. I know that the saying goes “girls find out everything”, but if that’s true it’s only because they are NEXT LEVEL instagram stalkers. Seriously I mention a first name, after 5 mins on insta they know the persons dogs name, their shoe size and their national insurance number— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
The English word for "bathrobe."
10. Dressing gowns. If you haven’t got a dressing gown then you are missing out mate. Some days when we’re hungover, we literally don’t get out of dressing gowns all day. The girls go Tesco in dressing gowns and nobody even cares bruv— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
The joys of living with your best friend.
11. Sometimes I sit on the sofa and just watch those two, sometimes they just look and break out in to dance or something. I literally have no idea what’s going on, there doesn’t even have to be any music playing— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
Drama on drama on drama.
12. Everything is a massive drama. Having to wash your hair = drama. It being cold outside when you expected warm and you have to change your outfit = drama. Not being able to find an item of clothing = absolutely fucking massive drama.— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
Your home needs a guest book and a calendar.
13. If visitors come round, we have to know 8-10 working days beforehand so the girls can make sure that the house is clean, they’ve washed and dried their hair and they have makeup on— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
14. Girls share all of the clothes. They might as well have a shared wardrobe. It’s actually gone past the point of them knowing who’s top is who’s lol— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
Massive amounts of shedding.
15. There is so much hair everywhere mate, it’s mad. Especially around the shower, just little clumps of hair. Am used to it now tho— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
Out of all his observations, however, Craig's last one is probably the most poignant.
All I’d say tho is that you don’t know true loyalty until you’ve lived with girls. And the house is full of laugher every day. Love them x— Craig Shapes (@craigshapes) March 28, 2018
I mean I guess he had to tweet that or they'd go back to just living with each other, but in all seriousness, they do sound like they have a pretty amazing friendship.
People were asking to see pics of the two BFFs in question, so Craig obliged.
While others just nodded their heads at his "dressing gown" observation.
Now we're just waiting for a woman to go on a thread about what it's like living with two dudes.
Laughing so hard. I live with two blokes and I could go on and on for days about it in a similar way! 🤣— Jane Coomber (@JaneCoomber1) March 30, 2018
Don't leave us hanging!