Years ago, my older brother and I, probably in between our prayers or sneaking in some TV time before our father came home, watched an episode of Unsolved Mysteries where we lamented the fate of an awesome dude who totally worked out. You see, this awesome dude confronted some slimeball who was creeping around his neighborhood, and he got a bullet for his troubles.
It wasn't until years later that we learned that awesome dude we saw on TV was none other than Oscar winner Matthew McConaughey. The How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days star is a national treasure for multiple reasons: chief among them is his ability to be awesome even in garbage RomComs and then transition to becoming one of the most respected actors in Hollywood today.
And what better way to celebrate that fact of life than with some dope memes?
1. "Alright, alright, alright ladies, listen up."
It must have been fierce AF indeed.
Definitely that face.
3. Wait a minute...
Again, this is exactly the face.
4. You cray.
I always stop at yellows.
5. Does electricity really cost that much?
Come on, dude.
6. The greatest lie ever told.
The girl behind him though.
7. I know what you're about...
8. How did I not make this connection sooner?
Ok. Wow. Trippy.
9. I mean, they're separate commercials, but still...
Someone call whoever's in charge of reviewing these types of very concerning advertisements.
10. Very punny.
All right, all right, all right.
11. Leo must've been very mad that year.
12. Not cool, McConaughey.
13. The perfect book doesn't exi-
15. Same, McConaughey. Same.
16. Classic McConaughey.
17. Roy Moore WISHES.
18. I'm not digging his hair here.
20. This isn't a meme, just a great photo of him in high school.
How can you not love this man?
More from Distractify:
More From Distractify
From 'Pretty Woman' to 'E.T.,' these movies originally had no "happily ever afters."