There's some solace to be found in classical art. Sure there's the "solace" one gets when you walk through a museum and get all introspective and inspired by the wonderful paintings before you. But I'm talking about real solace.
Something that hits you on a shallow, emotional level - and it's not the deep, artsy stuff that you read about in some niche digest mag, I'm talking about experiences you can sympathize with on a very base level.
Like how super awkward it is being human.
1. Oh God why.
It's a true sadness that affects everyone I know with a 9-5 job. What sadness and despair! It's like it can only be described with this oil painting of someone as troubled and pained as Christ himself.
Here is another absolutely relatable meme. Nothing describes me better than literally complaining about not being invited out and then being like, "Thanks but I can't," whenever someone actually does ask me to come along on a weekend night.
3. Some of us have lives, Chet.
Wow, Karen, like we GET it. We're a little bit late. How about you get yourself a boyfriend or some friends so you don't have to spend 18 hours in the office a day and make everyone else feel bad about it just because they have lives? Geez.
Ok, now we feel absolutely attacked.
5. "Ummmm, hey, about...that."
I wish smashing our phones meant the message would stop sending.
6. Here...let me buy you one...?
Literally why are we like this.
7. *Internally screaming*
SOS Plato. You right. The worst thing that can happen to men is a mindless 9-to-5 followed by bills followed by weekends that are too short.
8. It wasn't supposed to happen that way...
Just drag us, why don't you.
10. Oh my!
11. Where's it from? Sounds beautiful.
12. It really hurts.
13. If you only knew.
14. And how do you spell your name?
15. But, I'm right here.
16. It shouldn't bother you, but it does.
17. Why can't I do it in the moment?
18. Love me, son.
19. What you guys talking about?
20. You just don't know what I'm into, dad!
22. But being a martyr is fun! Right...?
23. Should've just kept my mouth shut.
24. Guess I have to have fun with this feeling.
25. A love wall?
26. Awkward stares have existed for a very long time.
27. I can't wait!
Don't feel bad, people have been feeling weird for centuries.
More from Distractify:
More From Distractify
Trending Entertainment Humor Humor