Even though I totally understand why people are obsessed with the Royal Family, I still get annoyed by people who just won't shut up about it.
I know, our obsession with prestigious bloodlines dates back to the earliest days of Greek Drama, through Shakespeare's plays and even modern day Disney movies. What kid hasn't dreamt of being a part of some grand, rich and powerful family filled with intrigue and highfalutin snob-snobbery along with a storybook wedding?
That's especially true of the English royal family. People are so enamored by them that tons of money and talent were poured into producing The Crown, which not only happens to be a really, really good, but it's immensely popular, as well.
But that doesn't mean it isn't kind of pathetic to be so obsessed with the wedding of someone you haven't or will probably never meet, so much to the point where you don't show the same kind of passion in your own life, dreams, or aspirations. Living vicariously through a social media stream about someone else's marriage is kind of sad, but that one person in your office who won't shut up about it doesn't see that.
So to get back at them, show them these memes cracking jokes at their beloved event's expense.
1. You can bother them by casting doubt on Meghan's true intentions.
2. Or relegating the Queen's importance to a board game move.
3. That special meal is definitely more memorable than that special day with that special someone.
4. Sweet I didn't know Bean was invited.
6. Wait, you ACTUALLY woke up to watch it?
I wouldn't wake up at 4:00 AM to watch my own wedding.— John Levenstein (@johnlevenstein) May 19, 2018
7. What are you looking forward to? Seriously, it's not like they'd invite you there.
Looks at Twitter Feed: “Are you ready for the Royal Wedding?”— Bonnie Baker (@bonniepipkin) May 12, 2018
Listens to Radio: “Are you ready for the Royal Wedding?”
Turns on TV: “Are you ready for the Royal Wedding?”
Genuinely not sure if I’m ready or what sort of preparation is required from me.
8. You can sit down and be depressed that you'll never marry into a royal family.
9. That's a .99 cent pattern right there.
10. I mean with all the other stuff going on in the news, it's only fair to bring this up...
11. Can't be a coincidence.
12. Oh and Princes don't always act so princely.
13. Seriously, he's a savage.
14. "Is that supposed to be a traditional outfit?"
15. "It was a beautiful dress, shut up!"
16. Even Princes need something to munch on during ceremonies.
17. "Don't you insult Diana like that!"
18. "Don't politicize their wedding!"
19. The most beautiful statement made at the wedding. Period.
20. "It's not a scheme they're in LOVE!"
21. Great, now I'm thirsty.
22. "Her grandson is getting married have some respect!"
23. You did this, didn't you, you nerd.
24. "It's just the lighting! Don't say that!"
25. "What did I say about bringing Trump into this?!"
26. "He's just thinking about the Venom trailer!"
27. "Don't bring The Office into this!"
28. His poor, poor ex.
29. "For the LAST TIME IT'S TRUE LOVE!"
30. "A Springbreakers reference, really?!"
31. What? It's not my fault he looks like a Slytherin.
32. Like, seriously though.
Be happy for them, great, no go make your own life amazing. Otherwise, please be quiet about it. K, thanx, byeeeee.