Just because somebody put a lot of effort into something doesn't mean that it's necessarily good. Take a look at the 50 Shades movies. They had full production crews, cast meetings, script writes and re-writes, and well, we all saw how they ended up.
There are times when people work super hard to execute their vision perfectly and pull it off, but the vision they've executed is utterly tasteless.
Like these folks who customized cars, pairs of shoes, or even tried starting beauty trends that made the internet let out a collective "WTF?" Below, some impeccable executions of questionable taste.
1. This funeral home's flash drives.
Your files will never die with these casket-USB drives.
2. This "bloody tampon" hash pipe.
I really don't want to put this up to my lips to smoke it.
3. Adidas High Heels.
I'll take 'Trashy Eastern European Fashion' for $800, Alex.
4. This "cat mother" tattoo. What.
Is this taken out of a page from the Furry Bible or something?
5. Farting bull attacking the Statue of Liberty sculpture.
It's like, a total slap in the face to the ruling class, bro.
6. The sneaker cycle.
I'm really hoping that this one is just a joke. Props to the guy for actually taking it out for a spin if it is, though.
7. This crystal skull sculpture.
"What? I just love skulls."
8. This Corona Cake.
The perfect cake for that special someone in your life who adores Corona tallboys.
9. This "please sir, I want some more" lobby desk.
An accurate representation of what working at any type of help desk looks like.
10. This intricate paint job.
Ribbons, ribbons everywhere.
11. These gross-looking "nature" themed nail designs.
This just skeeves me out to no end. Who wants to walk around looking like Swamp Thing's side chick?
12. These bluetooth speaker shoes.
The kind of person who blasts music from their cell phone in public is going to be all over these.
13. The armadillo cake from 'Steel Magnolias.'
This scene always freaked out.
14. This Prius limousine.
If you thought one Prius was lame, wait till you mash two or three of them together.
15. This modified Hyundai.
Turn your very reliable and practical family sedan into something that decreases gas mileage and makes you look like a total tool.
16. This "fat dragon" teapot.
"I'd have gold for you to steal, but I ate all of it."
17. This purple people-eater.
If their license play isn't "GAWDY," this car is a total fail.
18. We could have a whole other list of people doing terrible things to cars.
Why. Just why.
19. Ocean blue Tims? No thanks.
I've been seeing funk-colored Timberland boots, but does anyone actually buy them? These are horrible.
20. These dolphins will improve your attempt at "Wonderwall."
This bad boy looks primed for a jam session at Myrtle Beach.
21. Take a poop on this, partner.
There's no way that the combination of leather and constant exposure to moisture can be a good mix. Unless it's pleather, hmm...
22. To infinite embarrassment and beyond!
Look, I love me some Toy Story, and there are even some clothes inspired by the movies that aren't hideous, but these are just... Wow.
I actually refuse to go to any dentist who isn't wearing these.
24. This gun-guitar.
Maybe keep this one out of the next school recital.
25. These denim couches.
This is definitely what Justin and Britney relaxed on after that epic night where they went out in this.
26. This hand-ception nail job.
Imagine the paraddidles that would occur when you tapped your fingers on a tabletop.
27. This Moe-Splay.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. This is a prime example of that.
28. Hold it right there, partner.
When you've got a duel at high noon, but you need to walk the runway right after.
29. Yarn Nails.
Just in case your nails get cold, I guess.
30. This "Statutory Grape" custom Lincoln Town Car.
If this Uber comes to pick you up, don't get in. Unless you're not a minor, then you should be OK.
31. This wood rendition of the greatest film pose of all time.
Actually, this isn't bad taste at all. This is a beautiful work of art that I think should be in every home.