Show me a more sublime scandal than the recent College Cheating Scam; I'll wait. After a drawn out investigation by the incredible name of "Operation Varsity Blues," a dozen parents — including celebrities Lori Laughlin and Felicity Huffman (married to William H. Macy, also implicated) — were found guilty of bribing colleges to accept their less-than-deserving kids.
As you can imagine, the internet is enjoying this drama just about as much as I am and they're celebrating the incredible news with memes — because how else do we cope with anything these days.
Keep scrolling for some of the best #FreeAuntBecky memes out there, and I've also thrown some William H. Macy memes and Lynette Scavo in Desperate Housewives stills too for good measure. You're welcome.
1. I wonder if Aunt Becky is missing Uncle Jesse right about now.
2. Way harsh, Tai.
3. Did I stutter??
4. Jump in, guys.
5. My thoughts precisely.
6. Don't miss the premiere.
7. Just begging for it...
8. Wait until you see all the ones about Lynette Scavo getting Preston and Porter into college.
Is it a coincidence that both Aunt Becky and Lynette Scavo have twin boys in their TV shows?
9. Thoughts and prayers go out to DJ, Steph and Michelle.
10. Shhhhh Stephanie!
11. TFW reality sinks in...
12. I can hear Michelle's voice already.
13. Where is Dave Coulier these days anyway?
14. If you squint harder, you'll see Aunt Becky sitting in her cell.
15. Which brings us to the most important trending hashtag du jour, #FREEAUNTBECKY.
16. Aunt Becky's 100 Best Universities is another book I'd read.
17. Before we segue into William H. Macy memes, an important message from George Lopez.
18. Now onto the Macy memes.
19. Call it good casting.
20. People are digging out the 'Fargo' stills.
21. That evil laugh though.
22. And another.
23. Really? We're practically sitting here with popcorn.
24. Can we all agree he kind of threw Felicity Huffman under the bus?
25. Kind of like this time...
26. Which left Lynette Scavo — we mean Felicity — to fend for herself.
27. And there's no shortage of stills to pick from when it comes to her character on 'Desperate Housewives'
28. Which gave people the feels.
29. SMH indeed.
30. This college thing really is something Felicity's character would do for the sake of Preston and Porter.
31. But Bree would definitely be more likely to go through with it.
32. Ding ding ding!
Because this is a matter I'm particularly passionate about, I'd like to point out a couple of things. 1: Instead of going about this the normal way and simply making a donation to the school, which is what the ultra wealthy have been doing since universities were invented, Lori and Felicity (and other non-celebs, to be fair) decided to pay someone to take their kids' SATs, boost their grades and even — get this — doctor photos of them playing sports they've probably barely heard of.
2: I'm not sure about you guys, but I feel like if I was going to stick my neck out for my kid and commit fraud to get them into a university, I'd be keen on it being a good one. I'm talking Ivy League, or at least a Georgetown or Stanford vibe. But Lori and Felicity were just trying to get their kids into USC (which, as one tweeter aptly pointed out, "How the f--k are you rich and can’t get into USC") and UCLA (a state school in their state). More amazingly, Lori's daughter Olivia Jade has spent most her time at USC vlogging and influencing. "It's so hard to try in school when you don't care about anything you're learning" will hopefully go down in history as one of Olivia's greatest-ever soundbytes.
3: As a woman of color, I'm feeling this scandal is especially delicious because I was told in high school time and time again that I could "go anywhere I wanted" by virtue of being a minority. In other words, people were pointing out some sort of "unfair advantage" they thought I had in the college application process, without bothering to look at my v. good GPA, AP credits or extracurricular activities. Which is just to say, I really hope this scandal exposes the real advantages when it comes to college admissions: white privilege, systemic racism, and wealth.
ANYWAY, that's my TED talk. Hope you enjoyed the memes.
More from Distractify:
More From Distractify
Trending Trending Trending Trending