People in Lockdown Are Exploring Their Kitchens and Finding Wildly Expired Products

By

May. 14 2020, Updated 7:50 a.m. ET

It all started with a viral tweet from Michael Patrick. He and his mom, like many others around the world, are stuck at home and becoming reacquainted — in detail — with their home kitchens. For Michael and his mom, this led to one gruesome discovery — a 25-year-old box of expired puff pastry. 

Soon, many others were sharing pictures of the wildly expired things they have in their pantries, freezers, and fridges, and reader, they are horrifying. Feast your eyes on these delicacies that no one should eat.

Article continues below advertisement

I don't know what's worse: the fact that his mom had a 25-year-old box of puff pastry or that 1995 was 25 years ago. Oh no, the actual worst thing is that Michael's mom still planned to use it in a baking project and eat it. 

The puff pasty is older! Than both! Of! His! Siblings! And his siblings are grown adults in their 20s. That's terrifying. I simply cannot believe that she is actually going to eat this. I won't believe it 'til I see it.

Article continues below advertisement

Welp. I saw it. And now I believe it. I suppose if it was frozen this whole time the only danger would be massive, disgusting freezer-burn taste? Right? Like, she's going to be OK. But I can't imagine it tasted very good.

Article continues below advertisement

This is concerning because it looks really normal and actually kind of delicious, and if you were served this, you might not ever know that the puff pastry existed before the iPod, a device that they don't even make anymore. 

In any case, Michael and his mom's adventure with puff pastry inspired others to share the horrifically expired things they've found in their kitchens. And they're truly something else.

Article continues below advertisement

He ate meat that had been in his freezer for 17 years! I cannot! There's no way they still stated good, especially if he microwaved them. I also can't imagine he felt very well after consuming them. That can't be safe. Can it?

Article continues below advertisement