Graduation is right around the corner for the class of 2020, and considering the unprecedented shift we're experiencing around the world due to COVID-19, many students won't be able to experience the full-fledged traditional graduation ceremony.
That said, there's still a lot of hard work and accomplishments to be celebrated!
So if you're thinking of throwing a virtual party for a beloved graduate, or of sending a card to acknowledge this extraordinary achievement, we've got you covered with some funny and thoughtful 2020 graduation quotes to celebrate.
Graduation 2020 quotes:
1. "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe." —Anatole France
2. "Life is my college. May I graduate well and earn some honors." —Louisa May Alcott
3. "A life lived in fear is a life half lived." —Baz Luhrmann
4. "Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less." —Marie Curie
5. "Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else." —Fred Rogers
6. "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness." —Eckhart Tolle
7. "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." —John Lennon
8. "Here is what I've learned: We may live in an age of instant messaging, instant gratification, and Instagram, but there is no way to short circuit the path to success. It takes hard work, tenacity and patience." —Tory Burch
9. "Love what you do. Get good at it. Competence is a rare commodity in this day and age. And let the chips fall where they may." —Jon Stewart
10. "I hope you will judge yourselves not on your professional accomplishments alone, but also on how well you have addressed the world's deepest inequalities ... on how well you treated people a world away who have nothing in common with you but their humanity." —Bill Gates
11. "Don't just get involved. Fight for your seat at the table. Better yet, fight for a seat at the head of the table." —Barack Obama
12. "As you set off into the world, don't be afraid to question your leaders." —Will Ferrell
13. "In the end, all that endures are the builders, and in the end even the builders are forgotten, and all that endures are the ripples of what they built, and that's good. That's a good thing." —Bill Clinton
14. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." —Steve Jobs
15. "You have to have insane confidence in yourself even if it's not real. I'm giving you permission to root for yourself, and while you're at it, root for those around you, too." —Mindy Kaling
16. "Real courage is holding on to a still voice in your head that says, 'I must keep going.' It's that voice that says nothing is a failure if it is not final. That voice that says to you, 'Get out of bed. Keep going. I will not quit.'" —Cory Booker
17. "This path does not belong to your parents, your teachers, your leaders, or your lovers. Your path is your character defining itself more and more every day, like a photograph coming into focus." —Jodie Foster
18. "Everything is always working out for me. That's my mantra—make it yours... Look at how many times you were worried and upset—and now you're here today. You made it." —Oprah Winfrey
Congratulations, class of 2020!! You did it!!
The best way to prevent contracting or spreading the coronavirus is with thorough hand washing and social distancing. If you feel you may be experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus, which include persistent cough (usually dry), fever, shortness of breath, and fatigue, please call your doctor before going to get tested. For comprehensive resources and updates, visit the CDC website. If you are experiencing anxiety about the virus, seek out mental health support from your provider or visit NAMI.org.