For many, 4th of July is *the* day to go all out. American flag T-shirt, Budweiser beer (or any other American beer brands), patriotic face glitter, and spending an entire paycheck or two on fireworks (legally, hopefully). Which is totally great, because America is awesome and it deserves to be celebrated. But if you're more into subtle celebrations, may we suggest these hilarious 4th of July memes? Share them with friends, save them as your wallpaper...This is America. You get to do whatever the heck you want, whenever the heck you want!
1. 4th of July's nickname is definitely "Exploding Christmas."
We love 4th of July. And we love Christmas. But isn't the 4th just a louder (and less Jesus-y) Christmas? Kind of?
2. It's true that at least one person gets injured by a firework...
Every. Dang. Year.
3. Life before 1776? Never heard of her.
Can you imagine if the Declaration of Independence was never signed?! Blasphemy.
4. Wear your stars and stripes loud. Wear 'em proud.
Just please remember sunscreen.
5. The Declaration of Independence IS the most epic breakup letter.
6. Just a reminder...
Everyone's 4th of July pics and videos are going to look the same. Just sayin'.
7. We love a good 'Legally Blonde' throwback.
Now about that hot dog...
8. If you don't own at least one American flag Old Navy T-shirt, who are you even?
It should be a law, basically.
9. For what it's worth, 'Independence Day' still holds up.
And a tiny part of us might always associate it with aliens and Will Smith.
10. So just if we weren't clear on Old Navy and Independence Day.
Clear correlation, people.
11. This pic is literally the most patriotic thing we've ever seen.
A bald eagle order fast food makes us want to salute the flag.
12. Beer + explosives? Great plan!
But really, stay safe out there.
13. When 4th of July isn't on a Monday or a Friday.
Honestly, this entire week should just be canceled. Let us eat pie and hot dogs all week long! Our founding fathers probably would have wanted it.
14. The U.S. really did Canada a favor—this moment should be in history books!
You're welcome, Canada.
15. The day after 4th of July is rough.
Especially if you don't have the next day off. Ooof.
16. Fireworks are fun and all, but can we set a federal curfew?!
Not to be the annoying one, but like, can we all just keep it down after 10 p.m.?
God bless 'Merica.
18. Hey, facts are facts.
Good thing our founding fathers didn't take crap from anyone.