Nothing says "I love you, America" quite like gathering your friends and family in one place to grill, drink, and take in the fireworks. While our founding fathers may not have known that the 4th of July would become one of the most festive social media moments of the year, we have a feeling they'd appreciate our love for our country — even if we're expressing it by taking filtered pics and Instagram stories of our American flag temporary tattoos or matching red, white, and blue swimsuits.
For this year's 4th of July, we've got some fun Instagram captions and quote ideas so that your Independence Day pics stand out from the feed.
1. "Party like it's 1776!"
Did you know that the Continental Congress actually declared independence on July 2, 1776? But the Continental Congress approved the Declaration of Independence on the 4th, which is why we celebrate the holiday then.
2. "Sippin' on liber-tea."
This is a reference to the Boston Tea Party. You can pay homage by making yourself a Long Island Iced Tea.
3. "You're welcome." – George Washington
Don't forget to celebrate the United State's first president.
4. "Bold stripes, bright stars, and brave hearts."
If you feel like getting earnest on your social handle, this is a good way to do it.
5. "Fireworks: The best glow up in the U.S. of A."
This is our country's version of a highlighter palette, and we're here for it.
6. "Our love was made in the USA." – Demi Lovato
Best way to get the 4th of July party started? By blasting some patriotic tunes. Play "Made in the USA" by Demi Lovato on repeat. We won't judge. (Next up, "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus, duh.)
7. "Freedom lies in being bold." – Robert Frost
Take it from one of our greatest American poets, Robert Frost.
8. "Pies, fries, and the 4th of July."
If pies and fries don't sound like perfection, try apple pie with a slice of cheddar cheese on top. It doesn't get more American than that.
9. "I like my coffee black and my tea in the harbor."
Another reference to the Boston Tea Party, this quote will make you look like a historical genius. And a clever one, at that.
10. "Keep calm and sparkle on!"
If you won't be around fireworks, you can always pick up some sparklers.
11. "Dreams are the foundation of America." – Lupita Nyong'o
Remember when Lupita Nyong'o and Kumail Nanjiani gave that amazing speech at the 2018 Oscars? Replay that moment on the 4th and remember their speech — it's an important one.
12. "He makes me melt like a popsicle on the 4th of July.” – 'The Little Rascals'
Need a movie to watch on the 4th? This isn't exactly the most patriotic movie ever, but it's still a cute one.
And this quote is perfect if you're taking a selfie with your S.O. or bestie. Grab a box of those red, white, and blue popsicles from the store for good measure (and a good Insta pic).
13. "Cheeseburger in paradise, heaven on earth with an onion slice." – Jimmy Buffett
Even if you're not a Jimmy Buffet fan, you gotta admit that this song just kinda sums up your 4th of July party.
14. “Be excellent to each other. And PARTY ON, DUDES!” – 'Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure'
OK, when is it NOT the right time to whip out this excellent quote?
15. "It’s not the 4th of July until I'm eating a hot dog."
What is more American than a hot dog on the 4th of July?
16. "On a scale of 1 to American, how free are you tonight?"
This could also serve as a cute message to your crush. How will they be able to resist?
17. "Laughter is America's most important export." – Walt Disney
Walt is right. Plus, if you do happen to go to Disney World or Disneyland during the 4th of July, you'll be in for a treat.
They don't hold back on fireworks! Happy holiday!