featured-swallowed-ring-1568651966866.jpg
Source: Facebook

Woman Swallows Her Engagement Ring in a Dream — and In Real Life

By

Updated

Jenna Evans was traveling with her fiancé Bobby. They were "in a very sketchy situation involving a high speed train and bad guys," and Bobby told her she had to swallow her ring to protect it. So, she "popped that sucker off," put it in her mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water that happened to be there...because she was actually asleep. 

Jenna went back to sleep, thinking that she had dreamed about swallowing her engagement ring. But when she woke up, it was gone. Because she swallowed her engagement ring. For real. 

1-swallowed-ring-1568651946648.jpg
Source: Facebook

Jenna shared her story in a now-viral Facebook post that is just as priceless as that diamond ring she swallowed. She explains that she remembered swallowing the ring, but she thought it was all a dream. When she woke up in the morning, the ring was gone, and she realized what she'd done. 

She woke up her fiancé to tell him what happened, but he didn't believe her right away. Who would?! It's an insane thing! Jenna explained that they could not stop laughing about it, then they called her mom and "laughed until we were crying [and] googled 'do other adults swallow rings' because kids do it all the time."

Jenna eventually decided she should probably go to urgent care, but she "struggled to explain" why she was there because she was "laughing/crying so hard." I'm so glad she had such a sense of humor about it! 

The doctor took an X-ray and "seemed pretty shocked when she walked back in with a second doctor and showed me that sure enough, my ring was right there in my stomach!"

4-swallowed-ring-1568652320713.jpg
Source: Facebook

Let me just say that that is one lovely engagement ring! After consulting a gastroenterologist, the doctors decided it would be best if they didn't "let nature take its course," so she had a procedure to remove the ring. 

"Bobby took me to the GI doctor where I got to tell a whole new group of doctors and nurses that yes, I swallowed my engagement ring," Jenna wrote. By this time, she was in pain and could feel it in her gut, so it was time to do something about it. 

They prepped her for an upper endoscopy, which isn't exactly surgery, but it's a procedure that requires you to be knocked out. Jenna had to sign a release form in case, you know, something went wrong. 

5-swallowed-ring-1568652544200.jpg
Source: Facebook

"I cried a lot," Jenna wrote, "because I would be SO MAD if I died. I waited a long time for that damn engagement ring and I WILL marry Bobby Howell!"

Luckily, the procedure went great. The doctors recovered the ring and handed it over to Bobby while Jenna recovered from the anesthesia...which was so small feat. 

"Apparently I don't do great with anesthesia," Jenna wrote, "because I came out of it hysterically crying and was totally inconsolable. They got me out of there as quickly as possible and gave us a list of what I could eat (soup, crackers, light sandwich, yogurt etc.). So I demanded that Bobby take me to In-n-Out and Chick-fil-A." Bobby indulged her request for In-n-Out, and eventually, she came out of her stupor.  

Jenna will probably be seeing a sleep specialist soon, and maybe she should take a few nights and sleep without her ring on. But the end of this bonkers story is a happy one: "Bobby finally gave my ring back this morning — I promised not to swallow it again, we're still getting married, and all is right in the world."

More from Distractify

More From Distractify