The Best Memes and Reactions to the 'Game of Thrones' Series Finale
Massive Game of Thrones spoilers ahead!
Even though Season 8 has had its ups and downs (okay, a lot of downs), we're still sad to see the end of Game of Thrones. It means no more theories, no more prophecies, and no more endless hours spent recapping the episode on Monday morning with work friends. While the show finale mostly tied everything up, the internet is still feeling some feelings. Dany killed by Jon? We saw it coming. Bran as the King? Sure. Sansa as Queen of the North? Hell yeah. Tyrion as Bran's Hand? Perfect. Jon back with the Wildlings? Sad, but we get it. Arya as a world explorer? Okay! To process it all, let's see how the rest of the internet felt with these on-point memes and reactions.
1. Some fans were simply not OK with the finale.
Oh no, Jon. Your watch has *not* ended, my friend.
2. RIP Dragon Queen.
You have to admit: That was an awesome, powerful shot.
3. Apparently it doesn't matter that Jon is the last Targaryen...and the rightful ruler of the Westeros.
We get he doesn't want to rule, but like, can we please at least acknowledge Jon's identity? Will Jon be the new Maester Aemon?
4. A lot of people hoped this is what Brienne was really writing in that book.
The Burn Book of Westeros.
5. Jon's reunion with Ghost is literally all we wanted.
This is all that matters now.
6. Bran literally knew the entire time he'd be King...Right?
Not fair, really.
7. Bran as King...
Probably not as glam as Mariah's life, but hey.
8. What happened to the Iron Throne...
Honestly, thank you for that Drogon. Not sure how a dragon knew what a throne is, but that's okay!
9. Starks FTW!
The Starks won. The end.
10. Maybe the Night King had a point.
Humans kinda suck.
11. Tyrion as Brand's Hand is actually very adorable and we would watch an entire 'Office'-esque spinoff about it.
Tyrion straightening and pushing in the chairs are so endearing.
12. The moment Tyrion snapped.
13. Jon really just not understanding Dany has gone to the dark side was baffling.
JON WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.
14. If we needed to sum up how the end of 'Game of Thrones' felt...
Just watch Mean Girls, tbh.
15. Arya is off to explore...Narnia?
We'd totally watch the spinoff.
16. We will miss having those 'Game of Thrones' Monday recaps with the office.
17. It had to be said...
Robert Arryn did a full glow up! Was it all the breast milk until age 10?
18. Gendry's like...
Gendry, you'll find love again.
19. Cersei did always say you were the stupidest Lannister, Jaime.
20. Jon = Aemon
21. You know what? The theories were the best part of 'Game of Thrones.'
And we will miss them.