When you start living with a roommates, it's like literally oh my God the most exciting thing ever, especially when that person is your best friend. You always have someone who's got your back, you've got a confidante, a friend, a dining buddy, a workout partner — I mean they practically become family at some point.
And, just like family, they have the capacity to annoy the ever-loving crap out of you. That is, of course, if you room with someone you actually like. Sometimes, when you room with people you don't know that well, it turns out to be a real life horror story.
So if you're suffering from post-traumatic stress from your old roommate days, or maybe you're suffering current traumatic stress because you're in a less-than-ideal-shared-living-space situation at the moment, these memes will let you know that you're not alone in the roommate struggle.
1. Everything starts off hunky dory at first...
But after a while, an amalgamation of resentment and pettiness results in you doing the unthinkable.
2. It's a recurring theme.
No one likes a freeloader, right?
3. Then there are those mysterious cases...
...of trying to find out who broke what in the house. Suddenly your normally talkative roommates are very tight-lipped.
4. How much are a pair of headphones?
You don't even need one with a microphone. You can just hold the phone to your mouth and it'll work.
5. Seeing someone get put in their place is excellent.
Especially when it's a friend of the roommate who constantly pushes your buttons.
6. Then you end up getting roommates like this...
Which is fine and all if you're into that sort of thing. If not, things get real weird, real fast.
7. It isn't until you live with roommates...
...that you finally understand why your father would get so heated (pun intended) whenever someone would touch the thermostat.
8. Your parents probably won't say they told you so...
...but you learn to appreciate them more and more when you room with someone who's a slob.
9. But times with roommates aren't all bad.
Feels kind of good to be a hot mess when you're surrounded by other hot messes.
10. Post-coital cheese is always better with a friend.
11. But that doesn't mean that same cheese-sharing roommate...
...will actually contribute to the household chores in some way.
12. Eating someone's ice cream is just unforgivable.
Roommate or not, there are some lines that just can't be crossed.
13. Sometimes, a roommate's alcoholism can come with hidden benefits.
But I wouldn't count on that.
14. The Brita pitcher struggle.
You know how long it takes for that water to filter?
15. Personally I see nothing wrong with this roommate's logic.
Depends on the thread count of the t-shirt.
16. Really no greater feeling.
So, so clutch.
17. You ever get a roommate that talks to themselves?
If not, I hate to break it to you, but you're probably that roommate.
18. As long as there wasn't a body in the carpet...
I'm pretty sure they're good.
19. Samoas? Please tell me they weren't Samoas.
If they were, that roommate deserves to get Tyra Banks laser-beamed.
20. Stupid questions make living with a roommate more interesting.
Don't be too hard on them, or learn to have your fun, like this dude.
21. No one wants to hear your rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody."
Seriously, I know you're practicing for a one-man show rendition of the film, but no one cares.
22. I want this person to be my roommate.