Every year, May 18 is International Museum Day, which obviously is a bit hard to celebrate in 2020. But thanks to Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you can express your appreciation for museums virtually with Blathers' stamp rally challenge. If you need a full breakdown on the stamp rally — where to find the stamp stations and what prizes you receive for completing your passport, read on for a full explainer.
What is the Museum Stamp Rally on 'Animal Crossing'?
To encourage patrons (that's you) to explore every area of your island's museum, Blathers is hosting a stamp rally. Within each wing of the museum — except the new art wing, as far as we can tell — Blathers has set up stations where you can stamp your passport to prove you've visited that area of the museum.
The stamp stations move around each day, but it doesn't take too long to walk through your museum to track them down and collect all nine stamps. For each wing you complete, Blathers will give you a prize.
What are the 'Animal Crossing' stamp rally prizes?
For completing each wing, you'll receive a plaque that looks similar to the markers designating each wing of the museum: a fossil for the fossils wing, a fish for the fish wing, and a butterfly for the insect wing.
Though the stamp stations may move around each day, we regret to report that the prize you receive will be the same. They're nice plaques, but you probably don't want more than one of each. Or maybe you do — we don't know your life.
Where are the stamp stations located?
Once you find the first station and stamp your passport, you'll be able to see the names of the other two stations in that day's rally. If you find yourself scratching your head over where these locations are, here's a list of some of the possible locations and their descriptions:
- The Lab: In the back of the first chamber, where you have terrariums for bugs like wharf roaches and hermit crabs, you'll find a stamp station just outside the room where the paper kite butterfly and fleas are housed.
- Quiet Bench: In the first chamber of the wing, toward the middle, where there are benches and flowers.
- Coconut Corner: The area to the left of the "lab" atrium, there are coconut trees and the habitat for tropical bugs.
- Giant Tree: Pretty self explanatory — this is the giant tree in the middle of the first part of the wing.
- Serenity Tank: The first tank as you enter the wing — where goldfish and guppies dwell.
- The Coast: This is where you'll find the barred knifejaw, red snapper, and other coastal fish.
- The Abyss: The dark chamber where deep-sea fish like the coelacanth, oarfish, and football fish live.
- Headwaters: Where fish you find at the source of your river — cherry salmon, char, golden trout, etc. — are kept.
- The Coral Reef: Your tropical fish, like the surgeonfish and clownfish — aka Dory and Nemo.
- Extinction Spot: In the main dinosaur wing, you'll find a stamp station near the asteroid symbolizing the Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event believed to have wiped out the dinosaurs over 65 million years ago.
- Arthropods / Mollusks: This is the left side of the first chamber of the fossil wing, where you'll find trilobites and other small sea fossils.
- Vertebrates: The right side of the first chamber, where the shark tooth pattern fossil is found, among others.
- Cenozoic: Where the large prehistoric mammals like the mammoth and saber-tooth tiger are housed.
- Pterosaurs: Where winged dinosaurs like the pterodactyl are kept.
You have until May 31 to collect as many stamps and plaques as you like, so get to it!