Margarita fans and shot queens everywhere are anticipating National Tequila Day on July 24. The wonderful beverage crafted from agave gets a bad reputation for being the official juice of bad decisions, and while there's a longstanding belief that tequila is a beverage that makes you crazy, it really doesn't!
People simply love to get jiggy with it. Anyway, to celebrate the right way, here are some of the greatest National Tequila Day memes to keep you laughing in between shots.
1. Tequila drinkers are about to wreak havoc.
The bars are going to be seriously wild tonight.
2. You want to twerk? That's not tequila's fault, miss.
Please don't bring tequila into this. I feel like I have to cover every bottle of Patron's eyes right now. How dare you, ma'am.
3. Seriously, everyone blames tequila for their poor decision-making.
Even though that's a load of bunk, people are still chalking up their weird behavior to tequila. Booze in general can be blamed for that, people! Tequila is love. Tequila is life.
4. Tonight we're drinking margaritas without the mix.
SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS (in the name of health, obviously).
5. Again, let's bring some science into this.
What you're most likely experiencing when you're "tequila drunk" is the lack of sugar that makes you feel sick. Drunk is drunk though, no matter what you're drinking. I don't know how many times it needs to be said.
6. Tequila and memes! A great combination, apparently.
I also get all nostalgic and depressed about Harambe myself after downing a couple of shots of tequila.
7. Its name can also be invoked to inspire others.
I could see this in cross-stitch above a bar somewhere. If you see that, you should get up off that bar and immediately go after that passion project you're working on ... right after one more shot. Actually, there's always tomorrow.
8. We're already anticipating a wild night.
My wallet is prepared to suffer and I am prepared to regret everything tomorrow.
9. Magical things happen when you bring tequila into the mix.
We can't wait to see what all the fuss is about.
10. Sometimes we can't stay away from the things we love.
Tequila has hurt me many times, but I always come back for more.
11. Guess who isn't getting a job?
12. The old bait and switch.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And/or drunker.
13. The greatest poet of all time.
Move over, Shakespeare.
Birthdays require too many shots.
15. National Tequila Day will brighten up your apartment.
Let's face it: We all needed this.
16. It will do that to you.
You know, it's all about loving yourself at the end of the day and if you need to drink a heck of a lot in order to do that, then more power to you.
17. Warning: Your dance moves will probably be fire tonight.
I'm an excellent dancer when tequila is involved.
18. This man is onto something.
Sliced bread isn't even that good. I mean have you ever had Aldi brioche? Those who have know exactly what I'm talking about and that isn't pre-sliced at all. FAR FROM IT, in fact.
19. With tequila, anything's possible.
The news is going to be even more wild than usual tomorrow.
Remember to celebrate responsibly, and don't drink and drive. Happy National Tequila Day!