The world of online dating has changed the game when it comes to romance. Having a physical presence or using body language to woo a potential mate was a huge of the dating game back in the day. Nowadays, it's all about your DM game. If you can't capture someone's attention from the first line, then there's a good chance you'll never hear from that person again. Bye bye love, bye bye happiness, hello loneliness...you know the rest.
The thing is, online dating has been evolving and we constantly have to evolve with it. That means going to some extremes that can be borderline offensive. Or just plain bold.
1. This person did a pretty great job with their "select a joke" method.
Things get real dark, real fast, but it looks like the two of them are a match in messed-up joke heaven.
2. For some of these people though, you have to wonder if they're taking it a little too far.
Joking about murdering someone just to get your dog back is a delicate jibe to make and I'm not so sure this person pulled it off, but maybe the kissy lips all over this exchange mean otherwise.
3. Timely reference? Check. Way too soon? Double check.
Appreciation of such a bold and possibly insensitive joke? Triple check.
4. Not sure it went further after this.
But at least they were having fun with it. Britteny also doesn't know any better, that's an amazing pickup line.
5. Some people just put some wholesome messages on their bio.
It can get kind of depressing and lonely when you're constantly swiping through hordes of people hoping to find a meaningful connection. I'm sure this was a welcome respite for a few weary singles.
6. Some jokes are so weird, you can't believe they actually worked.
And it looks like this one did. I'm not sure I get it, but she didn't immediately block whoever sent this, so that's a good sign.
7. Pokemon reference is a bold strategy.
It was that straightforward and that easy. I guess if you find a fellow nerd, all is well in the Tinder world.
8. What? Wait, what?
Why would you say that to anyone, even as a joke, especially when you're just meeting them? I guess it paid off, though. Unless she was just looking for snap followers.
9. The puns just keep coming.
I personally thought it was vera creative and evera person who comes across this should appreciate it.
10. Ah yes, a one nightstand joke. Let's see how it plays out.
Well pretty darn good. If she doesn't like coffee, then I'm assuming alcohol is a welcome substitute.
11. This IS so sweet.
Come on, bro, I ain't trying to cry reading Tinder messages.
12. Sometimes Tinder's interesting just for the clapbacks.
And our girl Jasmine here provided a delicious rejoinder to this person's very disrespectful opening question.
13. The hits just keep on coming.
This kind of savagery is usually reserved for the Colosseum, but all is fair in right-swiping and war I guess.
14. Some Tinder accounts are there just as jokes.
What a wonderful reason to use the platform. Also, I never thought garlic bread could be so filthy. Who knew?
15. Whether you love or hate puns, it doesn't really matter.
They always have the same effect: you groan but still find yourself laughing anyway.
16. Whoever sent this message must be very, very good looking.
Because that opening line wasn't that good to get that kind of sexually aggressive response. Amazing.
17. Some of the jokes were really, really good.
I'm gonna have to steal that one.
18. Since this began with a dark joke...
...it's only right that it ends with one. Looks like they found love in a hopeless place. On second though, I don't know if they're living in New Jersey so I take that back.