Disney Dreamlight Valley is still technically in early access, with a plan to become free-to-play later this year — but for those who purchased a Founder's Pack to gain access to the game before its official launch, there are a series of free updates planned to bring new content to the title.
The game's most recent update brought Toy Story characters Buzz Lightyear and Woody to the Valley, as well as some quality of life updates.
This was the second free content update since Dreamlight Valley launched in September 2022. Though there's still plenty to do in the game, those who have already decorated their Valley and advanced many of their friendships are looking for more. So when is the next update for Disney Dreamlight Valley coming out?
When is the next update for 'Disney Dreamlight Valley' coming out?
After months of waiting, players finally have a look as to what's coming to Disney Dreamlight Valley in the new few months. In a post on Twitter, the developers revealed the roadmap for the first half of 2023 — and some more fan-favorite characters are coming your way.
The next new update was recently slated to be coming out on Feb 16th. Brand new key art doubles down on the addition of Mirabel from Encanto. The art also confirms the arrival of Olaf from Frozen, as well as some new wintry outfits.
Along with these new additions to the game, the Star Path will also begin the celebration of Disney's 100 year anniversary, so expect plenty of goodies to come from that. As is the case with the 2022 updates, all of these will be free for those who already have the game.
The aforementioned roadmap also teases Simba from The Lion King in its April update, and Cinderella in the early summer update. Other exciting features to come include the addition of multiplayer, as well as new realms to explore in the Dream Castle.
Previous 'Disney Dreamlight Valley' leaks provide some hints as to who may join the game next.
It seems as though these upcoming characters are only a small portion of what will hit Dreamlight Valley, as previous leaks have already hinted at many more Disney icons.
Not long after the game's early release, a Reddit user found audio files for all of the following characters within the game's code, suggesting they'll all be added to the title in coming updates. Here are the ones who have not yet been added and could be contenders for the next update:
- Aladdin, Genie, Jafar, and Jasmine from Aladdin
- Alice, Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter, and the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland
- Beast, Belle, Cogsworth, Gaston, and Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast
- Boo, Mike, Randall, and Sully from Monsters Inc.
- BoPeep, Rex, and Forky from Toy Story
- Fairy Godmother from Cinderella
- Elastigirl, Frozone, Mr. Incredible and Syndrome from The Incredibles
- EVE from WALL-E
- Flounder, King Triton, and Sebastian from The Little Mermaid
- Flynn and Rapunzel from Tangled
- Hades, Hercules, Megara, and Philoctetes from Hercules
- Naamari, Raya, Sisu, and Tuk Tuk from Raya and the Last Dragon
- Prince Charming from Snow White
- Nala, Pumba, Rafiki, and Timon from The Lion King
- Ralph, Shank, and Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph
Other characters who were previously a part of this leak include Scar from The Lion King and Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story, who have all debuted in recent updates.