If you're the kind of person who's been waiting since the summer for winter solstice to come along, we're here to let you know you're not alone. Although we're not huge fans of the cold, we have to admit that there is one amazing thing about December 21: the fact that days only get longer from there.
After all, the dwindling hours of sunlight have been leaving us pretty depleted as far as Vitamin D is concerned — but winter solstice promises to put an end to that, even though it technically marks the beginning of the winter season. To celebrate winter solstice, here are some quotes to cheer you up, inspire you, and of course, to use on Instagram.
Keep reading for 28 winter solstice quotes that'll make for perfect IG captions.
28 winter solstice quotes that'll make you feel warm inside.
1. "No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn." —Hal Borland
2. "In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." —Albert Camus
3. "If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." —Anne Bradstreet
4. "Nothing burns like the cold." —George R. R. Martin
5. "Well the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful!" —"Let It Snow!"
6. "I love the scents of winter! For me, it's all about the feeling you get when you smell pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, gingerbread and spruce." —Taylor Swift
7. "I write probably 80 percent of my stuff over the winter." —Bob Seger
8. "If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?" —Percy Bysshe Shelley
9. "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." —William Blake
10. "One kind word can warm three winter months." —Japanese Proverb
11. "To shorten winter, borrow some money due in spring." —W.J. Vogel
12. "Winter is not a season, it's a celebration." —Anamika Mishra
13. "What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness." —John Steinbeck
14. "Winter is a season of recovery and preparation." —Paul Theroux
15. "Every winter has its spring." —H. Tuttle
16. "People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy." —Anton Chekhov
17. "People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy."
18. "Snow can wait, I forgot my mittens." —Tori Amos, "Winter"
19. "Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance." —Yoko Ono
20. "Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake." — Sara Raasch
21. "Even in winter an isolated patch of snow has a special quality." — Andy Goldsworthy
22. "The cold never bothered me anyway." —Frozen
23. "Kiss me on this cold December night." —Michael Bublé
24. "My old grandmother always used to say, 'Summer friends will melt away like like summer snows, but winter friends are friends forever." — George R.R. Martin
25. "While I relish our warm months, winter forms our character and brings out our best." — Tom Allen
26. "Winter is coming." —Ned Stark, Game of Thrones
27. "Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers." —Khalil Gibran
28. "The first snow is like the first love." —Lara Biyuts
Stay warm this winter and be sure to use these solstice quotes to keep you warm during the cold weather!