If you hadn't noticed, it's pretty cold outside. Thanks to a particularly bad Polar Vortex, around 250 million people (roughly 75 percent of the continental American population) will experience below freezing temperatures this week. In Michigan, the small town of Hell has frozen over as temperatures dropped below zero.
Thousands of flights have been cancelled across the national, and the US postal service has suspended services in some areas. In Chicago, now dubbed #Chiberia online, temperature dropped to a low of -23F, just above the city's lowest-ever reading of -27F from January 1985, so it could always be worse.
With most people stuck inside, social media users have had plenty of time to share some horrifying scenes from the snow-pocalypse.
1. We have no idea what happened to this guy's toilet, but it's terrifying.
2. People's snacks are freezing mid-air.
3. Even farts are freezing.
4. Twitter users are having to resort to some pretty serious techniques to stay warm.
5. So much for a nice warm shower in the morning to help beat the cold...
6. Don't go out with wet hair.
7. Opening a door to another door is some Inception style stuff.
8. Even anti-freeze is buckling under the weather.
9. That's going to cost you.
10. Bubbles are turning into ice.
11. In Minnesota, yet another toilet fell victim to the Polar Vortex.
12. Chicago is having to set their train tracks on fire to prevent them from contracting.
13. People still have their Whoville hair left over from Christmas.
14. Freezing rain is easily the most terrifying type of weather.
15. Good luck getting those open.
16. How is it cold enough to ruin paint jobs?!
17. Frost is invading our homes.
18. Peep holes are becoming frost-holes.
19. Frost is just coming from everywhere.
20. People are literally freezing their pants off.
21. This shouldn't be happening.
22. At least the cold is getting ghosts too.
23. No coffee today, I guess.
24. Even this lamppost has the chills.
25. Shirts are falling victim as well as pants.
26. Socks are being used to keep bums warm.
27. You know it's bad when even this good boy doesn't want to go outside.
More from Distractify:
More From Distractify
Trending Trending Trending Trending