On June 8, 2023, Top Chef Season 20 came to its conclusion on Bravo. The popular cooking competition once again featured Padma Lakshmi as host and Tom Colicchio and Gail Simmons as judges — along with a slew of guest judges. And then there are the talented chefs. Because this season is titled Top Chef: World All-Stars, the best of the best from across the globe cooked their hearts out.
The season started with 16 chefs — four from the U.S. and the rest from countries such as France, Brazil, Germany, Canada, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Spain, and Thailand — who competes in a different challenge each week.
So, who was eliminated and who won on 'Top Chef' Season 20? Keep reading for all of the details.
Who won 'Top Chef' Season 20?
The winner of Top Chef Season 20 is Buddha Lo! He won back-to-back Top Chef seasons. Season 19 of the show (Top Chef: Houston) also left Buddha as the winner.
Buddha was raised in Australia, but he followed his culinary dreams all the way to London before heading to New York City.
In the final episode, Buddha worked with previously eliminated Chef Ali Ghzawi. Under Buddha's lead, they created a four-course meal that impressed the judges.
The meal had to be progressive in nature. Buddha started the judges off with rainbow trout and kept the seafood idea rolling with a blue lobster next. His third course deviated a little. He served the judges a lamb and roasted eggplant.
Buddha's victory meal was wrapped up with his dessert: a coconut, raspberry, and chocolate lamington.
Who was eliminated from 'Top Chef' Season 20?
Here's everyone who has been eliminated so far on Top Chef Season 20:
- Episode 1: Samuel Albert (Top Chef: France Season 10 winner)
- Episode 2: Dawn Burrell (Top Chef: Portland finalist)
- Episode 3: Dale MacKay (Top Chef: Canada Season 1 winner) and May Phattanant Thongthong (Top Chef: Thailand Season 1 finalist)
- Episode 4: Luciana Berry (Top Chef: Brazil Season 2 winner)
- Episode 5: Begoña Rodrigo (Top Chef: Spain Season 1 winner)
- Episode 6: Sylwia Stachyra (Top Chef: Poland Season 7 winner
- Episode 7: Dale MacKay (Top Chef: Canada Season 1 winner)
- Episode 8: Charbel Hayek (Top Chef: Saudi Arabia Season 5 winner)
- Episode 9: Nicole Gomes (Top Chef: Canada Season 5 winner)
- Episode 10: Victoire Gouloubi (Top Chef: Italy Season 2 finalist)
- Episode 11: Amar Santana (Top Chef California Season 13 finalist) and Sara Bradley (Top Chef Season 16 finalist)
- Episode 12: Tom Goetter (Top Chef Germany Season 1 finalist)
- Episode 13: Ali Ghzawi (Top Chef Middle East & North Africa Season 3 winner)
Buddha will be getting the $250,000 prize, along with a feature in Food & Wine magazine and an appearance at the 40th annual Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.