Spoiler alert: Prince has been revealed! Scroll down to find out who was behind the mask!
When the third and final batch of characters hit the stage for Season 7 of The Masked Singer, there was plenty of mystery surrounding one of the new faces: the Prince. The royal toad was a member of "Team Good," and fans were dying to know who was behind that majestic costume.
So, who exactly is Prince on this season of The Masked Singer? Read on to find out the clues we've been given and learn who was revealed on the May 18 finale!
The Prince on 'The Masked Singer' — The Clues
Up until the May 18 finale of The Masked Singer, we were given the following clues for The Prince:
- A blue and gold letterman jacket, with No. 30 on the front
- A diamond ring, which Jenny McCarthy suggested could be a championship ring
- The number 2006, which judges guessed was a significant year
- A workout ball that says "Mars"
A Mega Clue offered more insight into the identity of The Prince on The Masked Singer. It was a piece of luggage, with The Prince saying, "I have toured a lot of hotels all over the world, and this one has to be the most wild one yet."
In Episode 9, viewers received another clue package, which included:
- Carnegie Hall
- Sheet music, possibly indicating The Prince is a songwriter
- A plane
- Bats in a forest
- A watch
The final clue came during the Season 7 recap episode, which aired on May 11: Prince howling at the moon like a wolf.
The Prince on 'The Masked Singer' — The Guesses
Up to the finale, our top guess was that Broadway and TV star Cheyenne Jackson could be The Prince on The Masked Singer (and this Reddit thread agreed). After Jamie Lee Curtis shared via Instagram that The Prince is her "celeb bestie," many connected the dots since he and the actress are close friends.
Other reasons we believe The Prince is Cheyenne include:
- The Prince's clue-mercial featured a "toadal” body workout, and Cheyenne frequently posts about workouts on Instagram.
- The jacket with the number 30 was a reference to his role on 30 Rock.
- The diamond ring was a reference to his character Johnny Diamond in American Housewife.
- Cheyenne held his show Cheyenne Jackson’s Cocktail Hour: Music of the ‘Mad Men’ Era’ at Carnegie Hall.
- He starred in the film Flight 93.
However, many of the judge's guesses stuck within the realm of sports. Jenny McCarthy thought that A-Rod could be behind The Prince's mask, while Robin Thicke believed it's Derek Jeter. Either way, both saw a diamond ring and immediately thought of a baseball diamond. Meanwhile, Ken Jeong guessed Enrique Iglesias.
Other guesses for Prince include:
- Ricky Martin
- Randy Johnson
- Terrell Davis
- Steph Curry
So, who is The Prince on 'The Masked Singer'? The answer is... Cheyenne Jackson!
Did we call it, or did we call it? Sadly for Cheyenne Jackson, he didn't take home the Golden Mask Trophy, but we certainly had a blast watching him perform all season long!