I saw Suicide Squad opening night with a friend of mine. The theatre was completely sold out. Within five minutes everyone there asked themselves what the hell they just signed up for. Afterwards my friend and I spent an hour discussing how is possible for people who make movies for a living end up with a product that was that big of a mess.
As it turns out, other people who make movies for a living disagreed and decided to give Suicide Squad their industry's highest honor. It was a completely shocking turn of events. I can't imagine any crazier happening. The Oscars always seem like they have it together.
Anyway, us peasants sitting at home would not take this injustice sitting down. So we did what we always do in a time of crisis. We went on Twitter and complained.
1. Why don't cartoons ever win?
2. She's totally fine with this, you guys.
3. Can you even imagine?
4. Good advice
5. It's what the Joker would have wanted
6. Never thought I would hear these words
7. I had to fact check this. Sadly, it is true.
9. How are these people allowed to vote?
10. There is no justice
11. It had a better campaign. Duh.
12. How can we live in such a world?
13. Some people are having a harder time processing this news.
14. This will heal all wounds
15. We are all responsible.
16. Why is everything so weird?
17. Please. This is a safe space.
18. Gotta love that subtlety
19. I liked it better when we were tied
20. This is actually encouraging.
21. Better than both movies
23. Never speak these words aloud!
24. Just wait until the sequel wins a Tony.
25. I guess that's why they call it... Suicide Squad.
More from Distractify
More From Distractify
Relationships Entertainment Entertainment Humor