Spoiler alert: This article contains spoilers for American Idol Season 21, Episode 17.
ABC's American Idol may make superstars, but it also has to crush several other contestants' dreams along the way. After all, only one singer can win the title, which means everyone else has to go home at some point. Who's the most recent American Idol Season 21 contestant to be eliminated?
Season 21 is the show's sixth season on ABC, with Luke Bryan, Katy Perry, and Lionel Richie returning as judges. Now that episodes air live coast-to-coast, the entire nation has a say in who goes home. This season's Top Three elimination episode includes mentorship from Sofia Carson and Katy dressed as Elastigirl, with performances from Halle Bailey and Sara Bareilles. What's in store for the remaining artists in the coming weeks? Here's the latest Idol elimination news.
Who has been eliminated from 'American Idol' Season 21 so far? The May 7, 2023 episode brings us to the Top Five.
Of course, we watch the entire vetting process on American Idol from the whole pool of applicants all the way to the season's winner. In Season 21, we finally whittled down to the Top 10 on April 30, 2023. To get there, America voted to eliminate two contestants:
- Episode 14: Lucy Love, a 28-year-old from Holly Grove, Ark. after singing "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie (a risky move!)
- Episode 14: Nutsa Buzaladze, a 25-year-old from Tbilisi, Georgia (the country) after singing "The Show Must Go On" by Queen
- Episode 15: Marybeth Byrd, a 21-year-old from Armorel, Ark. sang "Wasted on You" by Morgan Wallen
- Episode 15: Tyson Venegas, a 17-year-old from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada sang "Someone You Loved" by Lewis Capaldi
- Episode 16: Oliver Steele, a 25-year-old from Mount Juliet, Tenn. sang "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morisette
- Episode 16: Haven Madison, a 17-year-old from Clarksville, Tenn. sang "You Learn" by Alanis Morisette
- Episode 16: Warren Peay, a 23-year-old from Bamberg, S.C. sang "All I Really Want" by Alanis Morisette
- Episode 17: Wé Ani, a 23-year-old from Harlem, N.Y. sang "Into the Unknown" from Frozen II and "The Climb" from Hannah Montana: The Movie
- Episode 17: Zachariah Smith, a 19-year-old from Amory, Miss. sang "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" from The Lion King and "Life Is a Highway" from Cars
Who is still left on 'American Idol' Season 21 and what did they sing? Here's the Top Three after May 14.
- Colin Stough, an 18-year-old from Amory, Miss. sang "Real Gone" from Cars and "Nobody Knows" from Pete's Dragon
- Iam Tongi, an 18-year-old from Kahuku, Hawaii sang "Lava" from Lava and "Father and Son" from Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
- Megan Danielle, a 20-year-old from Douglasville, Ga. sang "You Can't Stop the Girl" from Maleficent: Mistress of Evil and "Carried Me with You" from Onward
When is the 'American Idol' Season 21 finale?
On Monday, May 15, a special episode called "Journey to the Finale" will air at 8 p.m. EST to showcase the talent of the remaining contestants ahead of the deciding day. Then, on Sunday, May 21, the finale will decide who will be crowned the next "American Idol." Will it be Colin, Iam, or Megan?
American Idol airs Sundays and Mondays at 8 p.m. EST on ABC. Episodes stream the next day on Hulu.