The first Wednesday of September marks a very special occasion for folks who live in Louisiana: It’s the start of Gator Season. For 30 days, it becomes legal to hunt and kill alligators (although each hunter is given a limited number of tags to use on their catches). Many alligator hunters make a large portion of their yearly income during these 30 days — and all they have to do in order to get it is catch and kill giant, terrifying alligators!
Meet the cast of Swamp People:
- Bruce Mitchell — Seasons 1–9, 12–present
- Jacob Landry — Seasons 1–present
- Troy Landry — Seasons 1–present
- Chase Landry — Seasons 3–present
- Junior Edwards — Seasons 1–6, 12–present
- William “Willie” Edwards — Seasons 1–present
- “Little” Willie Edwards — Seasons 11–present
- Daniel Edgar — Seasons 7–present
- Dorien Edgar — Seasons 7–9, 12-present
- Joey Edgar — Seasons 7–present
- Liz Choate — Seasons 2–6, 12–present
- Destin Choate — Seasons 12–present
- Robert “Frenchy” Crochet — Seasons 7–10, 12–present
- Gerard “Gee” Singleton — Seasons 7–10, 12–present
- Ashley Jones — Seasons 10–present
- Ronnie Adams — Seasons 10-present
- Zak Bagby — Seasons 10–present
- Don Brewer — Seasons 11–present
- Cheyenne “Pickle” Wheat — Seasons 12-present
- Former cast members include: Albert Knight, Anthony Knight, Clint Landry, Joe LFont, Kenwood Knight, Malcom McQuiston, Mike Kliebert, Randy Edwards, T-Mike Kliebert, Tommy Chauvin, Glenn Guist, Jay Paul Molinere, Mitchell Guist, Nick Payne, RJ Molinere, Terral Evans, Austyn Yoches, Blake MacDonald, Kristi Broussard, Ron Methvin, Harlan “Bigfoot” Hatcher, Brandon Hotard, David LaDart, Jeremy Pruitt, Jessica Choate, Maria Lacoste, T-Roy Broussard, TK Waddell, Tom Candies, ZZ Loupe, Dougie Acosta, Holden Landry, Johnny Banks, Johny Tenner, Roger Rivers, Alvin “Al” Plaisance, Dwaine Edgar, Justin “Stringbean” Roy, Todd Alexander, Joseph “Big T” Rogers Richard, Coy Farmer, Jay Foster, Dusty Crum, Aaron Lee, and Brock Theriot.
Meet the cast of Swamp People: Serpent Invasion:
- Troy Landry
- Chase Landry
- Bruce Mitchell
- Zak Catchem
- Bill Booth
Who is Pickle Wheat from Swamp People?
Swamp People fans met new cast member Cheyenne “Pickle” Wheat in Season 12 of the show, and she quickly stole the show. 25-year-old Pickle is one of only a few women featured on the show and she comes from a long line of gator hunters — her great-grandfather was one of the original alligator hunters in the St. Bernard Parish area! She also happens to be fellow gator hunter Chase Landry’s girlfriend. The two of them have been in a relationship since October of 2020.
Is Swamp People real?
You have to admit: It’d be pretty difficult to fake most of what you see in Swamp People. There really is an annual alligator hunting season and the hunters featured on the show take advantage of it in order to make a living. Some shots of the show may be staged or reenacted if the cameras don’t catch the drama the first time around, but for the most part, what you see is the truth.
What happens to the snakes on Swamp People: Serpent Invasion?
Swamp People: Serpent Invasion chronicles the Burmese python invasion that has plagued Florida for decades. The pythons quickly established themselves as apex predators of the Everglades and decimated the local fauna, including rabbits, raccoons, bobcats, birds, and even deer. Since they wreak such havoc on the environment, the snakes caught on Swamp People: Serpent Invasion are humanely euthanized.
It’s a similar story for the alligators from Swamp People. Although alligators are native to the southern U.S. (and are therefore not “invading” the area), the 30-day hunting season helps with population control of the large reptiles. It also helps the local economy, as gator hunters are able to earn an income by selling gator meat and hides.
Here’s where to watch Swamp People and Swamp People: Serpent Invasion:
You can stream all 12 seasons of Swamp People at History.com and catch up with the latest episodes on Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET on History. Some episodes are also available to stream on Hulu and Amazon Prime Video.
Swamp People: Serpent Invasion also airs Thursday nights on History. Both seasons are currently available to stream both at History.com and on FuboTV.
Pickle and Troy Are so Close on 'Swamp People,' People Think They're Related
The Narrator of 'Swamp People' Has Been in Over 10,000 Commercials
'Swamp People' Fans Wonder What Ever Happened to Glenn Guist
Is 'Swamp People' Fake or Is the Show Legitimate Reality TV?
Chase Landry Has Accomplished a Lot Besides Just Starring in 'Swamp People'
How Much Do Alligator Hunters Make on 'Swamp People'? It Can Vary a Lot