The period romance drama Bridgerton is based on novels by Julia Quinn and follows the aristocratic Bridgerton siblings —Anthony, Benedict, Colin, Daphne, Eloise, Francesca, Gregory, and Hyacinth. Set in Regency London, the first season centers around oldest daughter Daphne Bridgerton as she plots with her brother Anthony's friend Simon Basset, the Duke of Hastings, to secure a suitable marriage.
However, Daphne ends up falling in love with Simon, despite it being made known that he has no intentions of having children. The series is narrated by the town gossip Lady Whistledown, who is narrated by Julie Andrews. Unlike the series of books on which it is based, Bridgerton is set in a racially integrated society, where people of color are members of the ton, including Queen Charlotte.
Anthony Bridgerton's love life will be the main focus of Bridgerton Season 2.
First Episode Date: December 25, 2020
- Jonathan Bailey (Anthony Bridgerton)
- Phoebe Dynevor (Daphne Bridgerton)
- Regé-Jean Page (Simon Bassett)
- Ruby Barker (Marina Thompson)
- Adjoa Andoh (Lady Danbury)
- Claudia Jessie (Eloise Bridgerton)
- Nicola Coughlin (Penelope Featherington)
- Harriet Cains (Philippa Featherington)
- Bessie Carter (Prudence Featherington)
- Ruth Gemmell (Violet, Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton)
- Luke Newton (Colin Bridgerton)
- Luke Thompson (Benedict Bridgerton)
- Will Tilston (Gregory Bridgerton)
- Florence Hunt (Hyacinth Bridgerton)
- Ruby Stokes (Francesca Bridgerton)
- Sabrina Bartlett (Siena Rosso)
- Polly Walker (Portia, Baroness Featherington)
- Ben Miller (Archibald, Baron Featherington)
- Martins Imhangbe (Will Mondrich)
- Julie Andrews (the voice of Lady Whistledown)
Where to Watch: Netflix
Simone Ashley's Role in 'Bridgerton' Won't Be Her First Time Gracing Netflix
'Bridgerton' Fanatics, We Have Bad News: Regé-Jean Page Might Be Taken
'Bridgerton' Is the Next Big TikTok Musical
Season 2 of 'Bridgerton' Is Happening, So Grab Your Fanciest Hat and Gloves
What’s up With That Bee in the Season 1 Finale of ‘Bridgerton’? (SPOILERS!)
'Bridgerton' Shows Us That We May Have Learned a Whitewashed Version of History
‘Bridgerton’ Cast and Crew Honor Brian Nickels, to Whom the Show is Dedicated
Does Daphne Get Pregnant on 'Bridgerton' Even Though Simon "Can't" Have Kids?
A Sex Scene in ‘Bridgerton’ Has the Netflix Show Embroiled in Controversy
Regé-Jean Page on 'Bridgerton' Character: "That Person on Screen Isn't Me"
"Everyone Should Be Able to Play Everything" — Jonathan Bailey on Playing a Straight Character in 'Bridgerton'
There's Plenty More to Tell After Season 1 of 'Bridgerton' on Netflix
'Gossip Girl' Meets 19th Century English High Society in Netflix's 'Bridgerton'