Since Below Deck premiered on Bravo in 2013, the reality show — helmed by Captain Lee Rosbach and his rotating crew of bosuns, stews, and deckhands — has taken viewers behind the scenes and revealed what it takes to really work a mega-yacht. Since Season 1, Below Deck has filmed in some of the world's most beautiful locations in the Caribbean including the British Virgin Islands, the Bahamas, and St. Maarten.
In 2015, the spinoff Below Deck Mediterranean premiered, introducing fans to Captain Sandy Yawn, and even more luxurious yachting locations such as Greece, the South of France, and Spain. Four years later, Bravo announced another spinoff called Below Deck Sailing, replacing the mega-yacht with an equally impressive sailing charter led by Captain Glenn Shephard and docking in Greece.
With over 100 episodes and counting, Below Deck is one of the most popular reality shows on Bravo.
Below Deck cast:
Since Below Deck has gone through its fair share of cast members, we are listing the most popular stewards and deckhands that lasted more than one season on the Bravo reality series.
- Captain Lee Rosbach (Captain) — Season 1 - present
- Kate Chastain (Chief Stewardess) — Season 1 - Season 7
- Ben Robinson (Chef) — Seasons 1, 2, 4,
- Kat Held (2nd Stewardess — Season 1 - Season 2
- Eddie Lucas (Bosun) — Season 1 - Season 3
- Kelley Johnson (Second Engineer, Bosun) — Season 2, 4
- Amy Johnson (Stewardess) — Season 2 - Season 3
- Kyle Dixon (Deckhand) — Season 4 - Season 5
- Nico Scholly (Senior Deckhand) — Season 4 - Season 5
- Ashton Pienaar (Deckhand, Bosun) — Season 6 - Season 7
- Rhylee Gerber (Deckhand) — Season 6 - Season 7
Below Deck Mediterranean cast:
- Mark Howard (Captain) — Season 1
- Sandy Yawn (Captain) — Season 2 - present
- Ben Robinson (Chef) — Season 1, 4
- Adam Glick (Chef) — Season 2 - Season 3
- Hannah Ferrier (Chief Stewardess) — Season 1 - present
- Bobby Giancola (Deckhand) — Season 1 - Season 2
- Malia White (Deckhand, Bosun) — Season 2, 5
- Joao Franco (Lead Deckhand, Bosun) — Season 3 - Season 4
- Colin Macy-O'Toole (Deckhand) — Season 3 - Season 4
Below Deck Sailing cast:
- Glenn Shephard (Captain) — Season 1
- Byron Hissey (Chief Engineer) — Season 1
- Paget Berry (First Mate) — Season 1
- Jenna MacGillivray (Chief Stewardess) — Season 1
- Adam Glick (Chef)
- Madison Stalker (2nd Stewardess) — Season 1
- Georgia Grobler (3rd Stewardess) — Season 1
- Ciara Duggan (Deckhand) — Season 1
- Parker McCown (Deckhand) — Season 1
- Christopher Miller (Deckhand) — Season 1
How much does a Below Deck charter cost?
The yachts featured on the shows are usually worth around $15 to $20 million, with Below Deck Mediterranean's Sirocco ringing in at over a whopping $18.5 million. My Seanna, which was featured on Below Deck Mediterranean's sixth season, had the most expensive weekly rental cost starting at $300,000.
It's important to remember that these costs do not include the tip, which tends to be anywhere from $15,000 (if service was awful) to $30,000.